• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indy EZ, or TF 240

furyus

Local time
4:24 AM
Reaction score
I'm planning on building a 500 inch stroker 440. Which is a better choice for a mostly street driver? Going in my 64 Sport Fury. I won't be running a tall intake, as I don't want to cut my hood. Also considering a HR cam. Looking for around a 6k rpm limit.

Last edited:
Trick Flow heads are the way to go for that application. Performer RPM intake is good for the street if it fits under your hood. Holley Strip Dominator is low profile or the Torker II should be fairly low profile.

Thanks for the replies. You guys are 2 that I hoped would respond. Andy, I read your book a couple times. It helps alot. I was thinking of using the Hughes Engine stroker kit. Any opinions, or preferences? I am currently running an Rpm Intake, and a 750 race Demon. Is it too small? It's a really good carb.

Thanks for the replies. You guys are 2 that I hoped would respond. Andy, I read your book a couple times. It helps alot. I was thinking of using the Hughes Engine stroker kit. Any opinions, or preferences? I am currently running an Rpm Intake, and a 750 race Demon. Is it too small? It's a really good carb.
The 750 Demon will work fine until you save up the money for a Holley Sniper. Don't bother buying a bigger carb, if you're going to buy anything buy a Sniper.

The 750 Demon will work fine until you save up the money for a Holley Sniper. Don't bother buying a bigger carb, if you're going to buy anything buy a Sniper.
Whoa I didn't see that coming
:lol:

My experience, I took one of the 650 DP Holley's off my tunnel ram, put it on my TM6 on my 452/400 7000 RPM drag motor. Worked very well. Not much slower than the 850 DP.
Small carbs can work just fine.

I had Hughes do the machining on my block and I purchased the stroker kit from him. Everything has measured perfect and gone together really good!! Dave does not mince words when you ask him a question but is truly helpful.

I have a 440/493 in my 63 Sport Fury and I built it in 2011 when there was no Trick Flow Mopar heads so I used the EZ heads. I also use the Indy dual plane intake which is like the Performer RPM but I think it has slightly bigger runners. Carb is an 850 DP. And that intake just fits under my hood. Most single planes are to tall and will hit my hood. I think the only single plane intakes that will fit under my hood is the Holley Street Dominator or the MP 337 intake. One day I may try one. Ron

I have a 440/493 in my 63 Sport Fury and I built it in 2011 when there was no Trick Flow Mopar heads so I used the EZ heads. I also use the Indy dual plane intake which is like the Performer RPM but I think it has slightly bigger runners. Carb is an 850 DP. And that intake just fits under my hood. Most single planes are to tall and will hit my hood. I think the only single plane intakes that will fit under my hood is the Holley Street Dominator or the MP 337 intake. One day I may try one. Ron
I had a Torker 2 at one time on my Fury. Not sure why I changed it, but it fit under my hood fine.

Seems like the head choice, EZ or TF240 is about a toss up. TF with the CNC ports may be a bit better?

Seems like the head choice, EZ or TF240 is about a toss up. TF with the CNC ports may be a bit better?
That's what I was going to get ( trick flow). Summit lists a couple different ones, but the website doesn't say what the difference is. I wil call them when I get a little closer.

I think you are right as the TF come CNC ported. The EZ really need some work to make them work real good. Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back