• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indy NMCA

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
I need to qualify in the top 9 to run Saturday. Sunday we all run. Running on a 9.25 index. 1st time hit .019/9.265. 60 here is a little slow. Followed the weather prediction, with a corrected 60 ft would have been 9.252, all is good. 1st qualifier both 60 fts with-in .003. Runs .019/9.232 damn, under the index, go to the bottom of the list. Now I'm sweating it. We get 2 more qualifing attempts. However tommorows weather looks to be 25 degrees cooler. Same index. Oh won't that be fun.
Doug

I need to qualify in the top 9 to run Saturday. Sunday we all run. Running on a 9.25 index. 1st time hit .019/9.265. 60 here is a little slow. Followed the weather prediction, with a corrected 60 ft would have been 9.252, all is good. 1st qualifier both 60 fts with-in .003. Runs .019/9.232 damn, under the index, go to the bottom of the list. Now I'm sweating it. We get 2 more qualifing attempts. However tommorows weather looks to be 25 degrees cooler. Same index. Oh won't that be fun.
Doug
Good luck Doug! May the (Mopar) Force be with you!
Mike

Currently 19th out of 60. However 15th in NMCA. one more shot in the morning. We went conservitive. Dragzine shot the car for a future article.
Doug
20180921_180637.jpg

Tomorrow is your day Doug! You got this.

Huge weather swing this morning. Took a guess as I have no data for this. 12 turns in the throttle +80lbs. Too much, .022/9.44.
Doug

Huge weather swing this morning. Took a guess as I have no data for this. 12 turns in the throttle +80lbs. Too much, .022/9.44.
Doug
---
One run left and your on the right side. Will be interesting to see the numbers of your next pass. Good luck!

Currently 19th out of 60. However 15th in NMCA. one more shot in the morning. We went conservitive. Dragzine shot the car for a future article.
Doug View attachment 656733
---
Excellent and well deserved! Dragzine knows a good story when they see one.

Got it figured out. Had a 12.50 car 1st rd, conservitive tree, .039/9.30 on the brakes, .0156 stripe. 2nd rd, 12.0 car, again conservative. .047/9.267 on the brake. He ran 12.000 dead on. I took a .0056 stripe. Rd 3, got freight trained. 2nd straight rd my opponent ran dead on zero. My .049/9.258 to his .005/10.000 on 10.0. Tommorow is our NMCA season final. We'll see.
Doug

Good luck!
For some reason, I have complete confidence in you.

One run in this morning. Wasn't pretty but got the job done. Now yet another weather swing. 5 rds to go.
Doug

Had 61 cars this weekend in N/SS. When it's not your day, we'll it's not your day. Worst run I've made in years. 9.30 on a 9.25. Red lighted -.032 to boot. Reload for next weekend. Congrats to Kevin Gass on his Saturday win. And winning the NMCA championship. Brent Wheelers new motor carried him to runner up both days. Dustin Goodin wins the 1st NMCA race he he ever entered (and runner ups in bracket 2). On the positive side the car was great. Prints 60ft times within .002.
Doug

Last edited:
Hey Doug,
Congrats on having your car in the first frame of the cover page on Dragzine coverage of the meet!
Mike

Thanks, Adam says an article in Dragzine will come out sometime this winter.
Doug

I’m sure you’ll keep at it Doug. With the season you’ve had, a weekend like this was bound to happen at some point.
Can’t wait to see the article. Dragzine just got a new subscriber.

Auto Transport Service
Back