• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indy Swap Meet Questions

dbc105

Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
I've found some post about the swap meet but they are just flyers and I don't find anything about what a person can expect to see at the swap meet. Will this show be mostly venders with new items for sell or will it mostly be people with used parts? I'm looking for a few things for my RR and I've a friend that is always on the watch for a deal on Max Wedge stuff. But before we drive 7 hours I wanted to see if it would be worth the trip for us. I've seen some videos on YT but they really don't answer the question.

Can anyone that has been there or goes regularly fill me in?

Thanks,
DC

Majority are used parts vendors, after all, it IS a swap meet. There will be new parts vendors there as well but you won't find 20 of them selling socks and t-shirts, they'll mostly be hardcore parts vendors like Stephen's, Mancini, Indy Cylinder Head, A&A Transmissions, Hughes, etc.

In my opinion having made the 8-hour trip a few times, it is worth the trip. Its even better if you have someone to share the expenses with.

Cool, thanks, that is what I was wanting to know.

A bunch of us here in Ontario charter a bus down and make a weekend of it. The hotel we stay at is nice and offers free drink tickets as well as a free buffet supper and Continental breakfast. The swap meet is on Friday and Saturday this year. Most of the vendors are private guys, with a variety of quality of merchandise. I have always found some nice surprise parts that I needed. There are quite a few reproduction parts dealers as well. Joe Suchy and Jim Kramer are always there for us early B-body guys. It takes a good afternoon to get through everything. Most of the prices are fair. I have seen Max Wedge stuff there. A&A Transmissions is always there, and they reproduce some Maxie stuff. I highly recommend this swap meet, as I have always found some excellent buys on parts I needed. If you load up on reproduction parts, you can save a lot of $$$ on shipping costs. It would also be a good time to buy any heavy parts you need for the same reason.

That sounds good. I'm thinking drive up Friday afternoon after work and then be there Saturday and drive home that night.

Just make sure your there early Saturday morning, since the show isn't extended to Sunday like in past years, some vendors will pack up early and head home earlier than others. Don't want to potentially miss out on a part you may need.

Also, try to have part numbers for some of the stuff you need. Some of these guys have parted out tons of cars and don't remember exactly what came from what.

It’s a huge facility split into 2 rooms with wall to wall Mopar stuff. I’ve been there many times but won’t be this year unfortunately.

If you can't make it Friday then all you'll see on Saturday is the overpriced **** that didn't sell on Friday. I personally wouldn't drive seven or eight hours and spend money on a hotel for day two !!

Well, didn't matter, I got sick, sinus infection and was not able to go at all. I wasn't going to be able to be there on Friday and thought about that "Left Overs" thing also. The ony 2 things I'm really watching for is a decent price on a set of ductile iron BB adjustable rockers and a nice '68 grill. Neither of these are keeping me from making progress on my car so they are both options. I miss what looked like a nice new set of rockers a couple weeks ago here. I have email Mancini to see if they would get them made since they have the small block rockers, LOL, I've gotten on reply.

Auto Transport Service
Back