• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Info on body panels replacement

Stingerdorian

Local time
3:44 AM
Reaction score
Hey group,
Really quick question tossing out to the Moparverse. Is there any kind of how to books…..videos….any good people on YT that help with body panel placement,replacement, welding? 1968 Charger. Anything helps.
Have a good one.

Hey group,
Really quick question tossing out to the Moparverse. Is there any kind of how to books…..videos….any good people on YT that help with body panel placement,replacement, welding? 1968 Charger. Anything helps.
Have a good one.
Lookup Chris Birdsong on Youtube. Or junkerup I think is his handle on youtube. He does all kinds of videos on mopars mostly chargers. Hell here I did it for you.

Ok. Cut, shove, bend, tweak, ****, hammer, push, pull, grind, ****, screw, weld, and your done. Just a small tutorial, no charge.

I'm sure there are books or Utube vids .
Once you start, it's the frame stubs 1st then work your way out. Trunk floor, floor pans and cross members. Prob will be dealing with glass channel and trunk channel. .mabey cowl also.
Good door hinges are a must have. Then get your doors set in place and gapped with the A & B pillars and rocker. Then just test fit the qts.
Allways just tac on new sheet metal or self tap screw. Your going to have to move it again.
Get your Dutch panel laid in and trunk lid on, check the fit to the qts.
Set the tail in place and check fit to lid and qts.
Front clip metal is last , it will set to the doors then move a little to get the hood right.
Just remember you will be dealing with aftermarket parts, nothing will fit like oem.
At that point refer to max340s post and I will add (cold beer).
Have fun

Last edited:
You forgot scrape and bleed, lol

read restoration threads on here thats how i did mine

For anyone with no body panel replacement experience, maybe practice on a generic car first. The 68-70 Chargers are one of the most difficult and complicated Mopars to replace quarters etc on. There is a reason why beginners in body shops start by sweeping floors, washing and vacuuming cars, sanding, and working up to body repairs etc as they gain experience. Would you have someone with zero experience service a helicopter?

Could someone with zero experience do your job?

Auto Transport Service
Back