• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ING

Scott Engelhardt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Not to offend anyone here, but since when has everyone started to pronounce the G in the suffix ing?
It drives me nuts! My buddy sent me a link to a podcast he thought I would enjoy, and he was right. I would enjoy if they did not pronounce that G. I talked to him about it and he said I ruined his podcast for him. I think the worst part is they are not consistent.
Funny how with age I am patient with so many things that this drives me so nuts.

Not to offend anyone here, but since when has everyone started to pronounce the G in the suffix ing?
It drives me nuts! My buddy sent me a link to a podcast he thought I would enjoy, and he was right. I would enjoy if they did not pronounce that G. I talked to him about it and he said I ruined his podcast for him. I think the worst part is they are not consistent.
Funny how with age I am patient with so many things that this drives me so nuts.
These are the same people that pronounce Cummins as Cummings.

I thought this thread was going to be about my high interest savings account of the mid 2000's.

:lol:

download (28).jpg

ING is now Capitol One.
I remember ING internet savings was like 2.8% or something.
FuckiN kiddiN me?

Let me get this right. You are going nuts because everyone is pronouncING words correctly? Have you watched any news shows lately. There is plenty there to get you nuts. Just trying to be humorous.

I know it is a trivial thing, and as I look it up I found all 3 ways are ok ING as one syllable as I am use to, dropping the g all together, or pronouncing a hard g at the end. Just going to take awhile to get used to it.

Wait till miss manners gets ahold of this one.

ING is now Voya.

Cap one can suck it (although I do find their ads ammusing).

WAY different.

Just goes to show you how very complicated the English language really is!!! No wonder it has been bastardized so much by just about everyone. They jus don't know how to speak correct Engrish now do they??? cr8crshr/Bill:lol::lol::lol::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Lol
Me neither
But I would hear the guys talking where I used to work and they always will say "Hybird"
Its not a Hybird its a hybrid dammit

Auto Transport Service
Back