• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ingrown toe nail fixed !

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
I have always taken care of my feet since I am on them all day.
Good quality boots, nails trimmed ect. Well I have been dealing with a ingrown nail on my big toe for awhile now.
Dang thing was getting pretty touchy, lol.
So after a couple of at home fixes I gave in and went to the Dr.
Had it or 1/3 of it removed, feels better already. Should have went a month ago.:thumbsup:
Anyhow, just wanted to pass it on, no big deal if you have one dont put up with it like I did , go get it removed.
Its like dental trip , worst thing was the shot.lol.

My Dad had bad toe nails with fungus and ingrown toenail. Had both removed from his big toes. He was exceptionally tender for months until they grew back.

Its my understanding that once removed, nails don't grow back.

Hate to tell you but it'll come back, I sure hope they scrapped the nail bed out to at least buy some time.

I use to get them done as a teen and through my 20's. Both feet, both sides of the toe nail. Drove the Bee to the hospital, and shuttle shifted home. They won't do them anymore in Ontario, Doc's now say it's up to you to make sure you get the nail pried up on top of the skin and keep it there.. yah right. I just use some locking surgical pliers and side cutters now..

Nail fungus isn't anything to play with either.....

Its my understanding that once removed, nails don't grow back.
Mine did. Takes about a year to grow back fully. Doc said that it will most likely become ingrown again.
Took 5 years later ingrown back again....

The trick is cutting the nail straight across, not curved like finger nails and don't cut them too short. Wear well fitting shoes/boots that don't squeeze the toes together. Keep the feet clean and dry. Put a dab of athlete's foot cream on the nail to help fight fungus. Cut sugar and carbs from your diet; fungus lives sugar.

Hate to tell you but it'll come back, I sure hope they scrapped the nail bed out to at least buy some time.

I use to get them done as a teen and through my 20's. Both feet, both sides of the toe nail. Drove the Bee to the hospital, and shuttle shifted home. They won't do them anymore in Ontario, Doc's now say it's up to you to make sure you get the nail pried up on top of the skin and keep it there.. yah right. I just use some locking surgical pliers and side cutters now..

I find a Dremel works great too.

Auto Transport Service
Back