• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner and outer tie rods. Where to purchase.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
A couple years ago I bought Moog inner and outer tie rods for the car. I think Moog sent me something wrong. When you try to turn the spanner it unscrews from one side onto the other. It does not move them in and out from one another. I want to purchase a full set with the I think its called the spanner. You know the part that the tie rods screw into. Anyhow if anyone has a good source let me know. I'm not buying from Moog again I paid over 500 for all new everything but that was 2 years or so ago. The alignment guy was telling me they weren't right. I should have listened to him then and sent them back.

Threads should be opposite like a turn buckle.
Check with @PST .
I have a couple of originals you can have, I went with billet.
Also you get 10% for being a member here, just make sure to let them know.

Last edited:
Could you have possibly got them mixed up on installation?

I agree with going to PST. They have the one piece billet adjusters, and C Body sized tie rods and billet adjusters that will fit the spindle and center link.

Could you have possibly got them mixed up on installation?
I thought that too. However I was thinking Mike67 is correct. What I think was they sent me 4 inners or 4 outers. THe odd part is they were able to screw into the center piece with no issues. When I put them together it didn't dawn on me. If they are indeed one reverse thread it makes total sense. But then again why was the center section normal threaded? This is why I'm just going to replace all of it. Both inners and both outers with new centers. I priced all of it at PST as suggested the price is 172.00 ish. But haven't applied the I'm a member of FBBO yet.

The design is that if you turn both sleeves the same way, it centers the steering wheel.

If you turn one sleeve one way and/or the other, the other, it adjusts the toe.

Is it possible that an end is on the wrong side, or maybe somebody slipped a part in the wrong box. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems when I did this a couple years ago, one of the ends has to be left threads and the opposite one right . Sleeves are one direction all the way through.

IMG_6036.JPG

I bought mine from PST and was very happy with the service, quality and price.

I've been upgrading to the 11/16" C body tie rods. I like Proforged, but am sure PST has them as well. QA1 or PST billet adjusters hold them together.

I purchased these a few days ago.. No update on shipping. It just says processing. How long does it usually take to process?

Now days who knows, but I would guess it would take long enough for you to get some of that old stuff out. I would be interested to know just went wrong on the installation (ends switched ?)

They usually ship pretty quick, at least when Ive ordered from them.
You can always call and get an update.

Now days who knows, but I would guess it would take long enough for you to get some of that old stuff out. I would be interested to know just went wrong on the installation (ends switched ?)
When I pull them off I will investigate this further. And take some pictures.

Got the PST stuff saturday put them on today. I have to say Very nice stuff. All went well and easy. I'm pretty sure I have the alignment very close. Steering wheel is just a touch to the right of center. A little more tweaking but I think its close. Wish I didn't have play in the wheel though. I think its in the steering gear. Which is a firm feel stage 3. Or whichever version was the police stage. And I still cant get the damn passenger side valve cover to stop damn leaking. That will be my next task as well as a Lokar setup for both the throttle and kickdown. And then a new set of trans cooler lines.

Also wrapped it up for the hurricane. Probably just get rain here but this thing has a windshield leak. Put some heavy black plastic on the car then put the cover on and bungee corded it in place.
IMG_4878[1].JPG

Last edited:
I tried these. Awesome! Under $20 shipped. As soon as I find the package with the company Ill send it to ya
20210808_223451.jpg
20210808_220917.jpg
20210808_225141.jpg
20210808_122141.jpg

Lokar set up is sweet!

I think the problem with the valve cover leak is the casting where the valve cover goes is thin in about a 2 inch place. And its not a flat surface. Kind of rounded off certainly not a flat surface. I think it was just a badly casted 906 head. Had Moroso permalign gaskets which I swear by and even those leaked. I guess it will just be a gob of silicone to seal it up.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back