• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inner Fender Panel Location

Raymond Murray

Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions to make sure the inner fender to rad support is correct. I dont have the original dimensions from when they came out. My AMD panels fit nicely, but I need to get the location of the support correct because the location of all the exterior panels depend on it. 72 GTX w/22 Rad. Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have every 72 service manual in existence but none of them shows this dimension.

68-70 is my bag....... that being said, you should hold off welding until you get hood, fenders, ect mocked up

If I wait until I have front fenders (72 GTX) it will be 83 years from now. (unfortunately FBBO bros are not selling).

If I wait until I have front fenders (72 GTX) it will be 83 years from now. (unfortunately FBBO bros are not selling).
So what is the problem. Put it all together and make sure its all fitting the way it should and weld it up.

I wish it were that simple. The new panel will move fore and aft about 3/4". and up and down about 1/2". Also, you can get the rad support plumb and level but that is no guarantee that it is in the correct orientation.

Auto Transport Service
Back