Install Help for Weather Stripping for 67 GTX

1966 -1967 Mopars

1. Pops1967GTX

Pops1967GTX FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    12:59 PM
    Just bought a Weather Stripping kit for my GTX .. Any helpful tips or install help, a quick pic or can explain how...

2. AR67GTX

AR67GTX Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    Seems like I used a blunt object like a popcycle stick or something to slowly push/insert the upper door weatherstrip into the channel. I haven't changed out the door weatherstripping so no help there. Are you doing the vent windows? That requires some disassembly.

3. absolutfrase

absolutfrase Active Member

Local Time:
    11:59 AM
    Installing trunk weatherstrip goes smoother w/ two people working it. As I installed the weatherstrip, I had my son ahead of me feeding me the weatherstrip as I pushed it on the metal ridge. Used weatherstrip glue to hold it in place. Hood weatherstrip is a one man job. Haven't installed any other weatherstripping. But from what I've seen on my car, installing weatherstripping around the doors seems pretty straight forward.

4. dan juhasz

dan juhasz FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    3m super weatherstrip adhesive applied to both weatherstrip and mating surface. Allow to tack up for a minute or two and install, a little blue masking tape in areas that don't want to stay is ok until it sets up. Everything needs to be chemically clean, prep is important.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • MOPOWER871

MOPOWER871 FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
      QUARTER GLASS I USED A LITTLE LIGHT OIL TO HELP SLIDE THE FELT WEATHER STRIPS INTO THE CHANNEL WORKED GREAT

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.