• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installed Cal-Trac style bars..

Dodge 330

Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
It seems to have really helped rearend rotation and the car squirts forward rather than lifting, separating, and then moving forward. I may still install some mono-leafs depending on how well it 60 ft.'s at the track.
20161023_122258.jpg

20161023_122258.jpg 20161023_122258.jpg

What size rear tires are those?

I run a full Calvert setup on my dart. Works really good after I got it dialed. That car is a bit nose heavy so it was a process to get it hooking. The bars ride like **** on the street though if you leave em tight. From experience BOX THE SPING PERCHES!! They will bend if they are stock. Don't ask how I know...

I run a full Calvert setup on my dart. Works really good after I got it dialed. That car is a bit nose heavy so it was a process to get it hooking. The bars ride like **** on the street though if you leave em tight. From experience BOX THE SPING PERCHES!! They will bend if they are stock. Don't ask how I know...
I preloaded the drivers side slightly and left a small gap on the passenger side. Doesn't seem to ride bad at all...

Did you install in the top or bottom hole?

ride like a dump truck if you don't soften rear shock on street . I run XHD springs , would like to go split mono at some point .

Tex

I preloaded the drivers side slightly and left a small gap on the passenger side. Doesn't seem to ride bad at all...

Did you install in the top or bottom hole?

I run mine in the bottom and set them at 3 flats preload with someone in the car the same weight as me. Usually does 1.44-1.45 60's. every car is different though. The roads are so bad around my house I air gap them on the street...

Last edited:
I won't ask how you know:D

8.1.14 002.jpg 8.1.14 003.jpg 8.1.14 004.jpg 8.1.14 005.jpg 8.1.14 006.jpg 8.1.14 008.jpg 8.1.14 009.jpg 8.1.14 012.jpg 8.1.14 013.jpg 8.1.14 017.jpg

So your car picked up with additional preload?? Mine are set like Dodge 330,and have Viking DA's and have not tried to tune yet.Car leaves stright,I've been chasing AFRs and never played with the suspension,,,,,,,,,,,,yet. Went to a track rental a few weeks ago,taking timing out 2* atta time........

10.14.16 005.jpg 10.14.16 007.jpg 10.14.16 009.jpg IMG_0526.PNG

Mine has heavy duty aftermarket perches that were welded on by my chassis guy. He didn't think I need to box them but we shall see!

So far I'm loving the way it drives and launches!

Mine has heavy duty aftermarket perches that were welded on by my chassis guy. He didn't think I need to box them but we shall see!

So far I'm loving the way it drives and launches!
I had a set "in stock" for 10 years,stock OEM. So a little reinforcement should do the trick...........................I hope:steering:

8.1.14 013.jpg

Well I'll have to be honest. Never been questioned about u bolt diameter. Length yes especially if they do not pertrude past the nut so far same as lug nuts and wheel studs. So I called and asked and got the same response from smith racecraft never heard of it being an issue. ???

Auto Transport Service
Back