• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing brake light switch help needed

1967 satellite

Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
Ok, I am installing a new brake light switch and did not take a picture on making sure I install it correctly. Now I'm tying to install it and I can't seem to line up the switch tab with the pedal. Can anyone send me a picture of what it's suppose to look like. Not sure which set of slots to use, top or bottom. Totally my screwup. Many thanks

If it is still like mine (63 not sure), it is on an 'L' shaped bracket that has a little tab at the top. There should be two holes on the bracket it attaches to...one for the tab, other for the bolt to secure it. You can slide it around so you can align it behind the pedal eye-bolt. It's a matter of moving the light switch bracket about to align it with the tab inserted. Once aligned, pia working under the dash, hold the switch button against the eye-bolt then tighten the bracket bolt. Switch is 'on' when the button is extended. I can send you a photo; but that's on another laptop and reckon you'll have members sending you photos...again the setup might have changed on your car from mine.

67 Sat, Auto or Stick? I have a 4 Spd and can send you how mine is done, if that will help?? Best, B.

Here is a shot of the Brake Light Switch holder BEFORE,
IMG_1572.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back