• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing filler neck 69 Charger PIA

69hemibeep

Local time
5:21 AM
Reaction score
Is there a trick or is the OER brand grommet as bad as their other stuff. Ive lubed it up jumped in the trunk and gave er all I got, just wont go in?????????

I had the same problem with my Belvedere. The trick is to loosen the hanger strap as much as possible so you can get it to go in the grommet straight. Any angle of misalignment will prevent it from going in.

Some grommets are made wrong. I had that experience. I have a thread on here about it.

I had the same problem with my Belvedere. The trick is to loosen the hanger strap as much as possible so you can get it to go in the grommet straight. Any angle of misalignment will prevent it from going in.
That's how I have the tank, think its a grommet thing.

All my measurements are the same as yours Bid Bad Dad so I ordered the grommet from Inline tubes INL 15417, we shall see. Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back