• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

installing sb intake need some help please

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
1970 charger 318, My question is there are 16 bolts for the intake. Are they all the same length I ask because 11 are 1 1/2 and 1 is 1 inch. I would think the front 2 and back 2 would be 1 inch. Thanks Dave

16 bolts???

s-l1600.jpg

How about 12 ?

yes 12 bolt Greg Im getting old. And do you use sealer on the sides of the intake?

12 bolts all the same length, 1-1/2". What gaskets are you using? Felpro blue no sealant, tin Permatex aviation or Indian head shellac. I like using a 1/4" bead of Permatex black across the front and rear instead of the cork seals.

1970 charger 318, My question is there are 16 bolts for the intake. Are they all the same length I ask because 11 are 1 1/2 and 1 is 1 inch. I would think the front 2 and back 2 would be 1 inch. Thanks Dave
WHat intake? Are there holes in the ends for the guide pins in the china walls? Here's a stock intake. See the holes? The bottom is a LD4B with a mark where the pin is but no hole.

273 intake.jpg

Intake Dual 4 Barrell Pic 9.jpg

12 bolts all the same length, 1-1/2". What gaskets are you using? Felpro blue no sealant, tin Permatex aviation or Indian head shellac. I like using a 1/4" bead of Permatex black across the front and rear instead of the cork seals.
felpro blue and my friend said dont use the cork. 1/4 bead like you said.

Auto Transport Service
Back