• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installing XV 3 point front seat belts

Ray70Chrg

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
I'm installing these front seatbelts on a '70 charger. The interior has long been completed but the original shoulder belts were never mounted. I knew someday I would put in a 3 point system. Today's the day and I would like to confirm where the upper harness gets bolted into. I have attached photo with 2 possible locations. #1 is right above the edge of closed rear window and #2 is forward of that. I thought this would be easy to figure out years ago when the interior was done. The fsm is no help. Thanks for your assistance.
CIMG1502.JPG

Thanks Beeps. I'm thinking #1 also but hoping someone with a charger will also agree.

I have the XV 3 pt harness in both the Coronet and the Dart. Its not a Charger but the arc on the Coronet is pretty close.

IMG_5419.JPG IMG_5420.JPG

Thanks CD for responding. If I'm seeing this correctly these pictures are both on the passenger side? How do you like the XV set-up? I notice on their pictures that the belt going up from the retractor to the top mounting point has one twist in it and the two I have also has one twist. Is this true with yours? Thanks for replying.

Last edited:
It's odd but the Dart has more room for the retractor mechanism than the Coronet. The Coronet has one twist and the Dart lays flat.
I like them. Installed the Coronet five years ago and just installed them in the Dart two weeks ago.

I'm installing these front seatbelts on a '70 charger. The interior has long been completed but the original shoulder belts were never mounted. I knew someday I would put in a 3 point system. Today's the day and I would like to confirm where the upper harness gets bolted into. I have attached photo with 2 possible locations. #1 is right above the edge of closed rear window and #2 is forward of that. I thought this would be easy to figure out years ago when the interior was done. The fsm is no help. Thanks for your assistance.View attachment 1153114
This may help.

1F52FB5A-319A-4308-AD0C-CB1807DAD6F5.jpeg F18C1B58-8EEE-494A-B2C8-0A9EB0C57A77.jpeg

Here’s a pic of my 1970 Charger

79087E0C-9327-4151-AEBF-09A0192E0C0B.jpeg

I just ordered mine and received, to me it looks like the female end that bolts to the tunnel has the plastic molded in the wrong shape? Anyone got a photo of that side installed? Trying to put in my 68 with a console and it wants to fit a lot better upside down than the correct way.
Also, does the belt have to do a 1/2 twist in the vertical part to lay correct across your body?
Thanks

Here's a couple of pics of how I installed the receiver to the tunnel. Also the belt coming up from the floor does have a half twist in it. As you pull the buckle across your chest the twist automatically straightens out.
CIMG1505.JPG
CIMG1507.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back