• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Installment on a 5inch tachometer

Onit

Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone help me please. I just purchased a 5 inch Carter tachometer that reads water,oil, temperature pressure gauge. I'm trying to install it in my 1968 plymouth fury 3 with a 383 in it. I'm wondering do I leave the the old oil sensor/dummy light in there? And put the new one in there on the other side or do just install the new one without the old sensor. Thanks in advance for the help.

16233013250761015527317840752555.jpg

I don't know that there is necessarily a "right" way, but I would leave the dummy light/sender in place and use the other plug (if all fits) for the gauge, if it were mine.

Simply a redundant system.

Thanks
Mark

If you’d have oil pressure problems, you’ll notice a red light come on before you’ll see a gauge drop. I’d leave the light.

Leaving the red functional. Redundancy is a good thing. I attached a big red light to the shift lite to warn me if I lose oil pressure. But my Satellite is mostly a drag car.

Auto Transport Service
Back