• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Instrument gauges restoration suggestions needed.

41dodge

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
I have a 69 GTX 150 MPH speedometer that I need checked out and the ammeter rebuilt into a voltage meter. Anybody have any recommendations? Instrument specialties wants $1000. I don't need a concourse look, it's going to be our driver.

Building a 69 Roadrunner Hardtop into my car. QA-1 tubular K member and control arms, Hotchkiss torsion bars, several U.S.Car Tool kits: body stiffening , rear spring relocation and mini tub kits. Borgeson Quick ratio power steering. Cordoba front disc brakes, disc rear brakes, hydroboost w/ new SS brake lines. New wiring, new paint, new interior, new A/C, new sound, new insulation, new SS fuel tank with FI pump in tank and new 1/2" SS fuel line and 1/4" return. I may go with a RMS Quick Lynx rear suspension. I have a fresh 69 440 sitting on an engine stand with MP Stage VI heads I'm putting in plus hope to add a Gear Vendor's overdrive to our 727. This car was a So. Calif car with 67,050 miles. This car was originally copper with a beige vinyl top and interior. The previous owner painted it green (Not Mopar color) and since my wife doesn't like it, it's going back to a nice copper but keeping the black vinyl top.

Vic Stein
Yakima, WA

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0635.jpg
    IMG_0635.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_0634.jpg
    IMG_0634.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_0788.jpg
    IMG_0788.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_0608.jpg
    IMG_0608.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 185
Yeah I was going to say Redline too, haven't used them in a long time thou...

IIRC there was a co. out of Washington state too,
I knew a couple people that used them...
Speedline Instruments {?}

Auto-Instruments {?} in VA IIRC, were also highly recommended,
supposedly know Mopar stuff well too

good luck

Auto Transport Service
Back