• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Intelligent doesn't mean smart. Tesla Crash no one driving

Holy ****....
For years I have thought that a person can be BOOK smart but "street stupid".
I've known some college graduates that can speak on a lot of subjects but are poor decision makers and have crappy common sense.
My Wife's family all went to college. At family shindigs, I feel a bit out of place since I never went.
None of them can fix a car, wire a TV or entertainment system, do plumbing work or anything that requires sweating....Except the Father in Law. He is old fashioned....he has a garden, understands irrigation and tool maintenance. We get along well.
How can someone be so stupid as to trust a car to do all the driving for them?
Not saying the man deserved to die BUT things like this have a tendency to wake up the masses.
His death may result in stronger warnings about their "self drive" features, maybe even a defeat of the system until more safeguards are in place?

Report was that 1 of them was a doctor, wow! ok, makes a person wonder about his "capabilities". An old saying was ".... you can have all the book knowledge in the world & still be dumber then a tree stump"! Dont know the origin, but things like thing makes one wonder.

Definately dont want to follow his "LEADERSHIP" skills and advice.

Just leaves me wondering how many other smart people are stupid enough to trust the car to do the driving... This isn't the first time we've seen it....I doubt it'll be the last...

Educated and smart are two different things entirely

There is nothing left of that Tesla! I feel sorry for those involved too!

He was a trusting soul.
Now he's just a soul.

Did anyone watch/listen to the video? I thought it mentioned it was not a self-drive vehicle? Maybe I heard wrong.

Someone is trying damn hard to de-humanize all of us (must be the robots?).

robots.jpeg

Self drive means you better just take the train/ bus or trolley. Hmm seems to me most of this transportation has been around a lot longer than a Tesla ... just think if that was a Tesla Semi weighing in at 40 tons.. Yes I did hear Musk state it wasn’t a self driver.

Last edited:
This whole self driving idea scares the **** out me! I'm not very tech savvy but we all have experienced glitches, signal loss, failed sensors, etc.. I want a mechanical connection to the car and no option other than driving it!

Auto Transport Service
Back