• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting article on big block cooling by US Radiators

themechanic

Oklahoma is OK
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
I had a talk with Don, Armstrong, owner of US Radiators, this morning in regards to a cooling issue I am having with my El Camino. Don suggested I close the air gap between the grill and front of the radiator. I informed him that Undercover Innovations sells a kit. This reminded Don about the article on their website about a cooling issue the original owner of a numbers matching ’68 Road Runner was having after adding horsepower to the 383 and how he solved it.

If there's one topic that comes back again and again it's how to keep the engine running cool.

Read the article here:

http://www.usradiator.com/blog/66-69-mopar-b-body-upgrade/

Closing that gap in front of the support would be a major improvement. There are similar improvements that can be made around the sides and bottom of the radiator on many vehicles. The whole idea is to channel the cool air into the radiator instead of over, under or around it.

Closing that gap in front of the support would be a major improvement. There are similar improvements that can be made around the sides and bottom of the radiator on many vehicles. The whole idea is to channel the cool air into the radiator instead of over, under or around it.
Right. I don't think they make one for a Mopar, yet. SO, you have to fab one yourself, for now.

Here's the Undercover Innovations cover on my daily driver 69 El Camino.

IMG_20190718_112543354.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back