• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Body defects

PAPA_E

Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
So im curious what yalls thoughts are on this

The real concern is what appears to be a line around the same spot on both sides between the quarter window and back glass.

here is the driver side its hard to see, but its a line and hard. The paint isnt bubbling. The passenger side has similar bumps and again its hard not the paint bubbling. I was also curious what the reason for some much body filler on the back tail section would be for? The underside from the trunk seems fine.

4.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg

The first two pictures of the bubbles by the rear windows are the same as my dads 66 has after bodywork years ago. I believe there is lead in the area shown and it slowly bubbles or reacts to the bodywork after 50 some years.

I was thinking that, lead that is. So as far as repairing goes? I planned to DA sand the whole car down do a rough blocking and vinyl wrap the car while i wait for the stock market to UnF*ck itself.

That is exactly what happened. Lead and body filler are a bad marriage. When doing our car, Todd removed all the lead in the seam added something else. Can’t crack now.
If I can get pictures posted I will. Didn’t work last time I tried.

Auto Transport Service
Back