• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting Craigslist '67 Belvedere for sale.

Cojohnso1

Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/d/saint-francis-1967-plymouth-belvedere/7331859294.html

Asking $22k. Needs work including an A833 trans needed.

511 Stroker motor dyno vid.

Walk around vid of car before updates applied.

If you are looking for a fun power street beast? This may be it? GTX clone Belvedere.

00e0e_f21A9sqhXeJz_0ak05O_600x450.jpg

Haven't investigated. But I'm guessing engine is not installed. But a 650+ HP 511 top to bottom with TF heads has to be 1/2 the Asking price? Only dyno pull on engine.

Last edited:
Haven't investigated. But I'm guessing engine is not installed. But a 650 HP 511 top to bottom with TF heads has to be 1/2 the Asking price? Only dyno pull on engine.
I would say more than half. Is it far away from you? Maybe you could go lay eyes on it. If it's truly rust-free, it's a steal.

I would say more than half. Is it far away from you? Maybe you could go lay eyes on it. If it's truly rust-free, it's a steal.
It's about 30 mi. So close. I just may take a gander tomorrow? (If still there?)

Went and took a peak at that '67. Very solid performance platform for its 511 stroker engine. Shortened 4.10:1 Strange geared 35 spline Dana. In a mini tubed rear. The 511 is a '77 truck 440 that maged out nice. Thus decided to use in its build. The 686 HP was at 6200 RPM. (Was still climbing. Thus they are wondering why they stopped?) But solid motor. With only .650 lift roller cam on a single HP 950 carb. Pump gas. (Not too shabby) Car and build has decent documentation. The car? Is a '67 RL23 Belvedere. Even though it has most all GTX dash, trim, hood. Car has manual trans hump tacked in. With 4 speed pedals/frame hardware (Not installed.)

The car is definitely a performance restorod. And in my humble opinion? A solid street/strip option car.

Not going to blow smoke. As you can see from pics? There is work yet to be done. But in the end? A very spooky '67 GTX street/strip performance clone.

Front. And K-frame (does have new bushings, H/W including disc brake conversion kit in boxes. Not installed.

20210606_165725.jpg 20210606_165658.jpg

Last edited:
Trunk and rear end pics. 30x10" on 15" rims. (315 60s.) (Mini tub needed for '67. About the max tire size on stock wheel well w/Dana on a '69.)

20210606_170145.jpg 20210606_170723.jpg

I believe engine, rear-end and hood are worth $
So did you buy it? Looks like a good deal.
I have not. It was a reconneson trip. But cool guy. I now need to evaluate logistics on how to add another to the stable? Lol. If I had no room/funding/time concerns? I would have purchased. Now? How bad do I want? My post is to report that it's certainly no ripoff? Real B-body muscle stuff!

Last edited:
That's a very good starting point for somebody imo. That motor if built by a reputable shop, carb to oil pan, would be around 14K alone. The rear end is worth $2500. Add in a solid body and it would make a great project with limited downside risk if resold after completion.

I believe engine, rear-end and hood are worth $

I have not. It was a reconneson trip. But cool guy. I now need to evaluate logistics on how to add another to the stable? Lol. If I had no room/funding/time concerns? I would have purchased. Now? How bad do I want? My post is to report that it's certainly no ripoff? Real B-body muscle stuff!

Thanks for coming out and the kind words! Very nice of you to take the time to travel and share the listing here. My brother and I went to Mopars in the Park Saturday and it has me leaning towards keeping it. We had a house fire right after the suspension rebuild had begun that required my full attention for several years and the car had to be put on hold. I'm also building an airplane and as I get older the fear of being too old to fly has me more focused on that one, but realistically if the transmission and exhaust were here I believe the Belvedere could be on the road yet this Summer. I love the old redneck paint and stickers so there's an afternoon of body work to complete my vision of what I think it should look like.

Ok. I really want this car. I don't have the funding to complete this build. I don't have the room for such a build. I don't have the time for 3rd project and maintain of a street car.

Umm. Might have think outside the box on this one?

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/d/saint-francis-1967-plymouth-belvedere/7331859294.html

Asking $22k. Needs work including an A833 trans needed.

511 Stroker motor dyno vid.

Walk around vid of car before updates applied.

If you are looking for a fun power street beast? This may be it? GTX clone Belvedere.

View attachment 1120085

I wanted to reply to this post and show where the car ended up.
My brother and I purchased the car on Wednesday July 21st.
We picked it up about 3 weeks later on the 12th of August.
I will start a new thread in Restomod cars in the future.

PXL_20210721_230102057.jpg

I wanted to reply to this post and show where the car ended up.
My brother and I purchased the car on Wednesday July 21st.
We picked it up about 3 weeks later on the 12th of August.
I will start a new thread in Restomod cars in the future.

View attachment 1184756
Awesome. This was a worthy purchase and endeavor. I feel jealous that I was not in a position to pursue. As I should! Lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back