• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interesting find in the 67 service manual.

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Resized_20210415_185232.jpeg

Operation on traffic, really? Why would this be in the service manual and not the owners manual?
I never had a air conditioned Mopar in the day, and wouldn't have expected cooling issues on a new car with A/C. I just find it interesting. I have been trying to sort out the A/C on my 67 Coronet, and the system is sealed and now charged. All three actuators are functional and have vacuum to the switch, but when I push the max A/C button one of the actuators blows two the hoses off. It's either a bad vacuum switch, or the wrong vacuum switch or the hoses hooked up wrong, but in reading, I found it unusual.
20210402_151443.jpg

I had never seen that in a service manual but by instinct or learned behavior of the parents or older friends around you while growing up something like that became second nature while driving these cars. Nice find!

Interesting.

Word of mouth from seasoned trailer pullers was turn the AC off going up hills, etc.

View attachment 1098102
Operation on traffic, really? Why would this be in the service manual and not the owners manual?
I never had a air conditioned Mopar in the day, and wouldn't have expected cooling issues on a new car with A/C. I just find it interesting. I have been trying to sort out the A/C on my 67 Coronet, and the system is sealed and now charged. All three actuators are functional and have vacuum to the switch, but when I push the max A/C button one of the actuators blows two the hoses off. It's either a bad vacuum switch, or the wrong vacuum switch or the hoses hooked up wrong, but in reading, I found it unusual.
View attachment 1098109
Regarding your heater a/c vacuum switch, '66/'67 switches are slightly different than '68 and newer. Not sure what's causing your problem, just wanted to mention this.

Oh I now see this “Operation in Traffic” is in the air conditioning section. That does make more sense but like you the A/C cars wasn’t something I drove.
Interesting.

Word of mouth from seasoned trailer pullers was turn the AC off going up hills, etc.
Certainly tips like this paid off, another was if the trailer started to fishtail is was better to accelerate, gain control, and not hit the brakes.
And where would we be today if you didn’t learn how to feather the throttle.
Good luck with the A/C, that was foreign to me back in the day, just like taking French in high school for 2 1/2 years and the uncanny ability to count up to 14 in French to this day. My claim to fame.

Auto Transport Service
Back