• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior assembly OEM screw up.

493 Mike

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:39 AM
Reaction score
The 1965 Coronet 440 sedan I purchased in 2017 had two different shades of blue on the lower windshield trim pieces. I left them alone. Is this a common occurrence? I don't believe anyone but me ever had them out and I can imagine a line worker just grabbing the wrong color for one side.
Mike

The 1965 Coronet 440 sedan I purchased in 2017 had two different shades of blue on the lower windshield trim pieces. I left them alone. Is this a common occurrence? I don't believe anyone but me ever had them out and I can imagine a line worker just grabbing the wrong color for one side.
Mike
A picture might help? Have you disassembled at all to look for signs or a small repair /repaint even though that's unlikely.

Has the car been restored to your knowledge? Even if not, a PO could of replaced that one piece (due to some fluke incident that damaged it) with an original replacement that was "close enough"

I doubt that kind of mess up would go unnoticed throughout its whole time at factory and dealership, but maybe

Also it may have sat in shop or something that had single window and after years sun faded the paint on one side

Last edited:
do you know the car's history prior to 2017?

IMG_1789.JPG
I'm
do you know the car's history prior to 2017?
the 3rd owner and the fellow I bought it from had it 30 years. It went through an underhood "quickie" repaint of engine and compartment with little prep and was always garaged, not winter driven. The men in the photo are the previous owner and the man who brokered the sale-nice guys! I still think the assembly line installed the incorrect colored molding. Not a big deal, I'm not repainting it. This is my new daily (not winter) driver.
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back