• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior "blues" - please post pics

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:53 AM
Reaction score
As I posted earlier, my 69 B is B7 etc. Interior is blue, but likely varies with some lighter and some darker. The only blue seats listed Legendary for 69 are a two tone, and they look good to me (light blue metallic inserts).

So two things:

1) please post pics of your blue interior and specify what paint you used, where you sourced, etc.
2) I need most everything other than seats as it was all gone when I purchased the car, and have no access to a previous owner who is deceased. If you have something to sell that I could use I am interested.

Thanks so much for all the help!

IMG_0537.jpg IMG_0530.jpg

To me, I have never seen a dash or dash pads that "blue" on blue interiors. The dash is usually a more blue/turquoise color and the pads follow suit with that as well. It almost looks like someone painted that dash and pads with a blue paint and not the correct color dyes. My car is in pieces right now but I can tell you in all the Mopar's I have seen in both B and E bodies, those colors look way off on the dash and pads. I have a 68 Runner I am redoing with a blue interior so I can get some pics of certain stuff that you may need. It was an original car and has the light blue paint on the inner top door metal which Herb's had and matches pretty dang good. A couple pics below of the same exact interior I have in mine.

QQ1 (4).JPG

QQ1 (3).JPG

To me, I have never seen a dash or dash pads that "blue" on blue interiors. The dash is usually a more blue/turquoise color and the pads follow suit with that as well. It almost looks like someone painted that dash and pads with a blue paint and not the correct color dyes. My car is in pieces right now but I can tell you in all the Mopar's I have seen in both B and E bodies, those colors look way off on the dash and pads. I have a 68 Runner I am redoing with a blue interior so I can get some pics of certain stuff that you may need. It was an original car and has the light blue paint on the inner top door metal which Herb's had and matches pretty dang good. A couple pics below of the same exact interior I have in mine.
No question this color is wrong on the dash. Way too bright. I doubt the previous owner even used the correct type of paint. Thanks the pics help
View attachment 1101846
View attachment 1101847

Last edited:
Here's a couple of pictures of my 73 Road Runner Blue interior. It's original color scheme but I used velour cloth material from a 1977 Chrysler Le View attachment 1101958 View attachment 1101959 Baron instead of the factory Vinyl. My dash pad I re-painted with the factory dark Blue metallic.
Just to give you a reference point.

Here's a link to great info. The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1965 - 1969) (hamtramck-historical.com)
Sweet ride. Thank you. Where did you get the paint?

Auto Transport Service
Back