• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Chrome

pghjeeper

Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
So if I can’t find decent interior chrome window trim for my 1965 Plymouth Satellite. I’m going to have to have mine rechromed. Most of mine isn’t horrible just surface pitting, except at the t juncture around the front window. That has a lot of surface rust on it, nothing through.

For anyone who has had chrome work done, what would you guesstimate it would cost? Anyplace that does decent work at a reasonable cost? Thanks

Last edited:
So if I can’t find decent interior chrome window trim I’m going to have to have mine rechromed. Most of mine isn’t horrible just surface pitting, except at the t juncture around the front window. That has a lot of surface rust on it, nothing through.

For anyone who has had chrome work done, what would you guesstimate it would cost? Anyplace that does decent work at a reasonable cost? Thanks
If it is pot metal......It will cost.....Only a few places deal with pot metal and chroming...

So if I can’t find decent interior chrome window trim I’m going to have to have mine rechromed. Most of mine isn’t horrible just surface pitting, except at the t juncture around the front window. That has a lot of surface rust on it, nothing through.

Whatcha worked on?

Sorry added it above it’s a 65 Satellite

If you find the chroming to be too expensive you could consider powder coating as an alternative. A trim piece costs around $20 to powder coat around here. They can powder coat to almost look like chrome. Obviously if you are a purist, disregard this post.

If you find the chroming to be too expensive you could consider powder coating as an alternative. A trim piece costs around $20 to powder coat around here. They can powder coat to almost look like chrome. Obviously if you are a purist, disregard this post.
Not a purist in the least bit as my car was a 273 originally. I was considering painting it if I can’t find a place.
I live in Pittsburgh which is like the suck hole for classic car restoration, I don’t know of a powder coated who does the simulated chrome.

Anyone have a pic of what the powder chrome looks like?

My 67 Dodge has the chrome on the sides, down the pillar and across the windshield top. I was able to get the chrome guy to single plate the interior pieces like it was originally. Most chrome places will want to triple plate it.

If you want a heart attack take the parts to Paul’s Chrome north of Pittsburgh, Evans City. Never had any work done there but I did stop in for prices with some parts before.

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 16.02.46.png
Yeah, Pauls can be a shock.. Not cheap.... But excellent work...
I agree, for what your doing Powder coating would be a good choice.... I'm betting there's a powder coater near you that's capable... I know of four here in Modesto & it's just a little farming community....

A quick search shows quite a few listings, these guys have pictures of a chrome bumper on their website..
Pittsburgh Powder Coating
  • 621 Mclaughlin Run Rd
    Bridgeville, PA 15017

Last edited:
So if I can’t find decent interior chrome window trim for my 1965 Plymouth Satellite. I’m going to have to have mine rechromed. Most of mine isn’t horrible just surface pitting, except at the t juncture around the front window. That has a lot of surface rust on it, nothing through.

Paul's chrome, just had my 65 coronet done all the interior trim cost around $3500.00. 12 pieces

I’d probably be better finding some painted stuff from a Belvedere I or Coronet 330

Sorry added it above it’s a 65 Satellite

I've talked to you on FABO
There's always a guy at the South Park swap meet that does chrome trim. I can't remember if he was there this year. He's in Monesson. I have a card for him. I'll get you his number. Also the powder coater in Bridgeville has a Finleyville phone number. He'd be a little closer to you.

Auto Transport Service
Back