• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior color scheme?

SMS68

Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
I’ve searched and read a bunch and have come away more confused than ever.

My ‘71 Road Runner is GB5 Exterior, M6B5 for the buckets, and then GB7 for the door frame in that order on the fender tag.

How do I determine the correct color for other interior items like the console, dash frame, dash pad, pillar covers, kick panels and interior window trim etc?

Is it all B7 except for the seats and upper door panels?

I’ve searched and read a bunch and have come away more confused than ever.

My ‘71 Road Runner is GB5 Exterior, M6B5 for the buckets, and then GB7 for the door frame in that order on the fender tag.

How do I determine the correct color for other interior items like the console, dash frame, dash pad, pillar covers, kick panels and interior window trim etc?

Is it all B7 except for the seats and upper door panels?

Here ya go.
All the info you need.

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry Library Page (1970 - 1974) (hamtramck-historical.com.
71_Plymouth_accents_tops_stripes0004.jpg

71-23-4%20page3.jpg

Last edited:
Revisiting this topic.

According to the linked Hamtramck registry charts, my 71 RR (GB5, M6B5, GB7)should have a mix of “Medium Blue” and “Dark Blue”.

The trouble I’m having is defining and finding the codes for said Blues. Anyone have an idea?

719375A0-0B4A-448B-83F9-36314BA7A9B4.jpeg

Last edited:
Revisiting this topic.

According to the linked Hamtramck registry charts, my 71 RR (GB5, M6B5, GB7)should have a mix of “Medium Blue” and “Dark Blue”.

The trouble I’m having is defining and finding the codes for said Blues. Anyone have an idea?

B5 and B7?

Doesn't the fender tag call it out?

B2 = light blue
B5 = medium blue
B7 = dark blue

Doesn't the fender tag call it out?

B2 = light blue
B5 = medium blue
B7 = dark blue

I don’t recall those being the names for those codes. For 71 Plymouth, B5 is True Blue and B7 is Evening Blue.

I don’t know if those correlate to the interior call out of medium and dark or if those are completely different tones.

I am not sure if the trim code refers to the predominate color but I am pretty sure about the light, medium and dark colors being B2, B5 and B7.

Auto Transport Service
Back