• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

interior dye/paint

74roadrunner440

Local time
8:41 AM
Reaction score
looking to redo my interior but any one know what paint to use its a white interior and want to do the vinal and plastic but any one know the paint i should use and or a part # i used sem b4 with good luck but dont know what the part # for the egg shell white interior color # or at least thats what my fender tag told me thanks pat

as a matter of fact....I DOOOOOOOOOOO.. i just did the entire interior of a Javelin. the paint is KRYLON FUSION. comes in a variety of colors and heres how i did it:

this paint is for plastic.....not sure if itll work for as vinyl dye or not. the Javelin is ALL plastic except for the dash and i used it on that too and it looks brand new. I DID NOT USE THIS ON THE VINLY SEATS.....just door panels, kick panels ,dash panels, A pillars, sail panels...etc etc.

remove panel and wash with DETERGENT soap...like simple green is what i used.
make sure its dry and warm
wipe down with LACQUER THINNER
paint it with the KRYLON FUSION

very durable and i couldnt scratch it off. worked great for me. let me know how it works if you use it

that corect mopar color? i want corect color i know sem caries it just dont know the # or the color of white

Hey, did you ever find a match?

I just sanded all the chalkieness off my seatbacks.

They are MUCH nicer, but the plastic has color irregularities, and I'd like to pait them.

I see SEM has about 4 shades of white:

Phantom white
Super white
White
Sailcloth white.

Interestingly, the super white appears more yellowish than the regular white, at least on their color chart.

I'm personally leaning towards sailcloth, but since I'm working with plastic, I might take a look in the Krylon Fusion section, next time I'm at Lowes.

- - - Updated - - -

...and I think "pearl" was a mid 60's color description, like 66/67.

Ours are definately on the eggshell side versus the pearl side.

Auto Transport Service
Back