• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior LED courtesy/dome light solution

Darius

Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
Well, I still have not decided what to do about my headlights but I did find a solution for the dome light. I went surfing and found in the "marine products" arena a 4" round LED fixture 12 v made for boats that fits exactly and looks like it has always been a part of the car.......until it comes on! Holy **** Jake,I can actually see inside the car now!

IMG_7579.JPG IMG_7582.JPG IMG_7586.JPG

I was considering using an LED replacement bulb but I think I like your solution better.

I tried an LED bulb replacement for the 1152?????? or whatever that size is. The bulb did not fit very tight in the stock fixture. I even had 3 stock fixtures to try and none of them worked well. The light it threw when they did work (it was a contact issue, the new LED bulbs just weren't the correct size by a smidgen) was no where near as nice as this new fixture is. I got it for $39 at West Marine, a local boating supply store but I think they are either a franchise or just a chain type outfit. I first saw the fixture on Amazon. I think it is a few $$ less there but I wanted to physically check it out before I bought it.

Auto Transport Service
Back