• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior question

qkcuda

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
I am going to look at a 67 Charger on Sunday to possibly purchase. So far I think it was restored a little over 20 years ago. According to the pictures, it has tan interior, door panels and carpets, but the entire dashboard is black, and the kick panels are black. I know there were some two tone interiors using black carpet and tan seats in A bodies, but i am not sure what is correct in a 67 Charger. My current Barracuda has a complete Saddle Tan interior including carpets, door panels, kick panels, console and dashboard. I am not that concerned about originality and figure at worst I would probably have to dye the kick panels, because the rest of the interior looks mint, but just wondering what is correct.

Oh, and I don't know whether it still has its fender tag, but if it does I will get a picture.

I have a few 66-67 charger parts. Just things that I couldn't let go to waste.

Interior lights
glove box door
dash ashtray
hood hindges
and ( I believe) a full console in tan

If you pickup the car and need any of these things, let me know...I could use the space
Welcome to "B" bodies. I'm a member of A,B & C, I'd own one of everything if I could.

Wasn't sure if I could post a picture yet as I just joined here from A Bodies Only. Here is what I am talking about. The console seems to be black as well with tan carpet. Overall I like the look, except for the kick panels.

Charger interior.jpeg

Does the fender tag have the code S6E for the TRM code?

Won’t find out until I actually see it on Sunday. Is that what it should be?

My gold interior 66 Satellite brown dash. Glove box door is black.
Clean Satellite 2.jpg

Won’t find out until I actually see it on Sunday. Is that what it should be?
Could have been originally gold upholstery with black carpet from what you first described. That is what S6E is.

Yes I wondered about that. Maybe they just replaced the black carpet with gold. That would explain the dash and kick panels.

Does the fender tag have the code S6E for the TRM code?
Trim codes for 1967 Charger...

Coronet 500 RT/Charger

H5X 4 Black 6 P6B,S6B Blue 6
( P6E,S6E Gold 6) look here.....
L1B Blue 5, 6 P6K,S6K Copper 6
L1R Red 5, 6 P6R,S6R Red 6
L1T Tan 5, 6 P6W,S6W White/Gold 6
L4B Blue 6 P6X,S6X Black 6

Trim codes for 1967 Charger...

Coronet 500 RT/Charger

H5X 4 Black 6 P6B,S6B Blue 6
( P6E,S6E Gold 6) look here.....
L1B Blue 5, 6 P6K,S6K Copper 6
L1R Red 5, 6 P6R,S6R Red 6
L1T Tan 5, 6 P6W,S6W White/Gold 6
L4B Blue 6 P6X,S6X Black 6

From the 66 67 Charger Source Guide:
“TRM” This is the interior style & color. There will be numbers & letters under all 3. The “S” under the “T” stands for “Sport Interior”, The “6” under the “R” stands for premium grade vinyl on the bucket seats. All 67’s should start with “S6?” so we will concentrate on the letter under the “M” which is the color of the interior.
A= gray & black
B= blue
C= white & blue
E= black & gold
K= copper
M= copper & black
P= white & turquoise
Q= turquoise
R= red
T= tan
V= white & red
W= white & black
X= black
Y= gold

So it will either be S6B with black carpet or S6Y with gold carpet.

Thanks for all the help. It is a 383 four barrel with an auto. Should be a G in the vin number right? What else should I be looking for on the fender tag?

Thanks for all the help. It is a 383 four barrel with an auto. Should be a G in the vin number right? What else should I be looking for on the fender tag?

G in the vin is a 383 2BBL and coded 61 on the tag. H is a 383 HP 4BBL and coded 62 on the tag. If it looks like you have the HP engine, check the engine. To the side of the distributor is a flat area with the engine type on it. Should be stamped the year of the engine and 383 and HP below. If a true 67 engine will have a C before the 383. For decoding the tag check this page and maybe print it.
http://www.chargersourceguide.com/67fendertag.html

Thanks man, that fender tag decoding page is awesome. I am going to print it and take it with me.

Went and saw the car today. It was originally a black and gold interior, also a G code 383 two barrel car. It was solid but could use new paint and an interior refresh. A lot of electrical issues as well. All in all not what I am looking for. The decoding guide was awesome, I was able to verify everything on the car.

Does anyone have a picture of the gold and black interior? A Google search didn't turn up anything. Thinking about giving this car a second look, and wondering about changing the carpet back to black, as the interior needs a refresh anyway.

Does anyone have a picture of the gold and black interior? A Google search didn't turn up anything. Thinking about giving this car a second look, and wondering about changing the carpet back to black, as the interior needs a refresh anyway.
I think it would look fine. My Toyota Avalon has tan interior/ black carpet. My 66Satellite has all gold interior and a black carpet would accentuate the gold.

Auto Transport Service
Back