• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Rear Panels '63 Plymouth Vert

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
Reason for this post is I'm getting the rear panels on my car reupholstered (finally) and before deciding on the recovering wanted to ask for suggestions in case anyone has done something on their ride giving me more ideas. I think the Sport Fury (and some same era Dodges) had the nicer panels with the arm rests and I've searched for friggin years trying to find someone who might have them despite knowing this is a far stretch. As the photo shows these are plain Jane panels and a new cover makes them remain plain. Speakers I put in breaks up the mass area of nothing-ness a bit. I'm thinking some color contrast stitching or band I'll be asking the upholstery guy about. Again, just in case a fellow member has done something on this great the find out. Thanks.

Plymouth rear interior panel .jpg

This is a pic of the rear panels for a 64 Dodge Polara convertible. My originals were in pretty poor shape and no one was reproducing them [to my knowledge] until ABC Moparts came along a few years ago. I don't believe they currently offer these panels for your 63 Plymouth, but it might not hurt to contact them and ask to make sure.

These guys are located in Arizona and I first met some of their sales folks at the Chrysler show in Carlisle, PA.. They told me what they would be reproducing in the near future and sure enough, they delivered. I bought a pair of their panels for my 64 but my restoration isn't to the point yet for me to say how good the fit is/isn't. I am impressed though with how they look next to my originals.

rs=w-600,h-600.jpeg

This is a pic of the rear panels for a 64 Dodge Polara convertible. My originals were in pretty poor shape and no one was reproducing them [to my knowledge] until ABC Moparts came along a few years ago. I don't believe they currently offer these panels for your 63 Plymouth, but it might not hurt to contact them and ask to make sure.

These guys are located in Arizona and I first met some of their sales folks at the Chrysler show in Carlisle, PA.. They told me what they would be reproducing in the near future and sure enough, they delivered. I bought a pair of their panels for my 64 but my restoration isn't to the point yet for me to say how good the fit is/isn't. I am impressed though with how they look next to my originals.

View attachment 961696
Those would be exactly what I'd want. My guess is they would be a fit the contour sure looks right. Thanks much for letting me know.

You're very welcome, Ron. And here's their website if you haven't already found it......https://abcmoparts.com

BTW.... These repoped panels are fiberglass, so they might be able to be modified to fit your 63 without too much trouble and cost by someone local to you who's experienced in working with anything fiberglass.

Found their site and emailed them, I see the red is out of stock so hoping they might restock. Is the shade of red they show a match for your interior? My red interior is well, brighter red. As for the fit, I don't recollect coming across anything over the years that said the design changed in that area of the body btw 63 and 64. Significant changes were made in the cowling area. I've seen a few '63 Sport Furys that had the identical looking panels.

The long answer to your question is.....Just within the last few weeks I started the process of getting my interior restored, mainly because I'm still home from work and had/have the time to do the research. Both Legendary and SMS were also offering discount sales in in early May, so that motivated me too.

I went with SMS because they can do the correct door panels for my car which is a non Polara 500 model. The red color sample they sent me for the panels and the seat upholstery was about a 2" square and was based on my fender tags code for interior color. When I hold the SMS sample up against the new ABC panels the panels are a darker shade of red. I'm thinking that I might have to apply a lighter shade of red to the panels which shouldn't be a problem, but I'll have to see how everything looks in the car [and in the sunshine] when I get to that phase of my restoration.

Good luck with your Verte, Ron. I hope ABC can help you out.... :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back