• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior suggestions

dodgedream

Local time
5:01 PM
Reaction score
As I start on this journey of restoration I need to do it right. I am now looking for suggestions for interior parts. I have bucket seats that need recovering so I could use suggestions of vendors to use and to avoid for the seat covers as well as carpet and headliner. Thanks again for all of the help

I used Legendary Interiors for the seat covers. They are awesome and the people there are great to work with. They also have YouTube videos that walk you through installing them your self. I recover mine and this is the first ones I ever did. Good luck and have fun

BF72D318-1222-430A-BC7E-507C5AB2D12A.jpeg CC7FA7CC-D270-4D7B-A708-7CD39AE2D28E.jpeg

Thanks for the info but the Seats are shot s9 I am guessing I will have to take the frames to an upholstery shop with the covers so they can foam the frames

As noted, Legendary. You can get covers and foam. It's a pretty easy job to do it yourself.

Ahhh nice I figured the foam was beyond my abilities but will watch the videos and then decide about it. What about headliner and carpet? Any to gravitate towards or to avoid?

As posted , legendary has great products.
Only trouble is they are back ordered into 2022.

What about headliner and carpet? Any to gravitate towards or to avoid?
Legendary has that stuff too. If you're going to use Legendary be prepared for a long wait these days.

I just looked at their website. Should have looked before posting the question. Guess I will get an order together and let the waiting games begin

ACC carpet. Most Mopar vendors sell it or you can buy direct.

Ahhh nice I figured the foam was beyond my abilities but will watch the videos and then decide about it. What about headliner and carpet? Any to gravitate towards or to avoid?

Try Richard O'Shields Restoration Parts and Materials.

Legendary all the way even though fulfillment is long for what ever reason. If you can wait after ordering, then use them is my suggestion as they also have replacement foam that matches to the originals. As for taking them to an upholstery shop and paying to have them done, you can easily do it yourself with excellent results. I did all of mine after checking out you-tube, purchasing Hog Rings and Pliers for this particular and spending a nice warm day doing them so the upholstery was flexible for mounting. It is actually a very easy process that any one with some mechanical ability can pull off. Hopefully you still have the seat lasting metal rods which most of our cars have. Good luck with you project///cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
It is actually a very easy process that any one with some mechanical ability can pull off. Hopefully you still have the seat lasting metal rods which most of our cars have. Good luck with you project///cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Easy as in it isn't rocket science to do this but Mr. sr8crshr, you must have the grip of King Kong! Wrestling vinyl seat covers and fighting hog ring pliers to get it attached to the right place is not for wimpy people. I sweated my *** off even with help from a guy who's pretty tough and weighs 185! I used a heat gun to help warm the vinyl so it would stretch. It is hard work in my opinion but DO NOT RECOMMEND going to a professional. I've seen the short cuts they make and you won't know until the next time they are replaced...many years from now.
I think you may be referring to the listing wire that goes in the pocket of the covers and Legendary sells that stuff. DO NOT GO CHEAP on foam and other materials, you'll be sorry.

As for waiting for stuff, try other vendors who carry Legendary and see if they have what you're looking for.

Thanks for all of the input guys I really appreciate it and want to make this car something to be proud of. As for the question of what B body is it well it is a 1967 coronet 500 R/T clone with a 440/4 speed. Pale yellow with a black interior

Easy as in it isn't rocket science to do this but Mr. sr8crshr, you must have the grip of King Kong! Wrestling vinyl seat covers and fighting hog ring pliers to get it attached to the right place is not for wimpy people. I sweated my *** off even with help from a guy who's pretty tough and weighs 185! I used a heat gun to help warm the vinyl so it would stretch. It is hard work in my opinion but DO NOT RECOMMEND going to a professional. I've seen the short cuts they make and you won't know until the next time they are replaced...many years from now.
I think you may be referring to the listing wire that goes in the pocket of the covers and Legendary sells that stuff. DO NOT GO CHEAP on foam and other materials, you'll be sorry.

As for waiting for stuff, try other vendors who carry Legendary and see if they have what you're looking for.
That is why you place the skins outside on a nice warm sunny day so the vinyl becomes pliable. Also a Heat Gun or blow dryer helps. Does require some massaging and tugging, but it goes rather smoothly as you pointed out. But really it was not all that difficult...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

X3 for ACC carpet. I believe you can have it flat shipped, but, the shipping will be higher than if you have it shipped rolled up. If you have it shipped rolled up take the carpet out of the box as soon as you get it and lay it out in the car to relax.

Auto Transport Service
Back