• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior trim questions

Wojo68

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
On the interior of the front doors, (68 GTX convert) there are two pieces of trim. One, runs the length of the door, on the top of the panel. The second one is the piece that is in the "inner" panel. It surrounds the arm rest/ door handle. Is there specific names for these two? And,,,I'd be looking to buy them if anyone has any ideas. Seem to be pretty hard to find. Thanks guys

Arm rest base plate?
s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Front-Rear-Armrest-Bases-Chrome-Set-66-70-B-Body-RoadRunner-SuperBee/122808029112?fits=Year:1969|Model:GTX|Submodel:Base&hash=item1c97edcfb8:g:WTwAAOSwHPlWd2xr:sc:USPSPriority!30339!US!-1:rk:6:pf:0
door panel trim. https://www.ebay.com/i/332666831571?chn=ps
s-l1600.jpg

A0E7CC6A-5843-47A0-9CFF-C90BC2EB7972.jpeg
Thank you. I guess it is called the belt mounding. That other trim isnt the chrome base plate. It’s the one that “surrounds” the wood grain on the panel. Looking for a pair or at least the name so I don’t sound dumb when I’m asking around for them, lol.
Thanks Beep

Those two pieces of trim are not specific to convertibles. The top door panel trim will work from any 68-70 b body and readily available. But the surround trim is specific to 68 Sport Satilitte and GTX only and a little harder to come by.

I agree with droptop above. It looks like you need the "interior wood grain surround trim" from a '68 Sport Satellite or '68 GTX.... plus the door panel trim from any '68-'70 B-body (except Charger I think), Dodge or Plymouth. None of that is convertible-only.

Outstanding,,thanks guys

Might be your lucky day. Look what I just happened to have put in my Bee back in '88 when I removed the "hippy velvet" panels and these were all I could find at the junk yard at the time!
beerestoration2015 581.JPG

Well there you go. What I love best about this place. People helping people. Also like the ironic picture of the club laying on the floor and the steering column gone. LOL.

I have a set of the door panel upper trim moldings, PM sent

Well there you go. What I love best about this place. People helping people. Also like the ironic picture of the club laying on the floor and the steering column gone. LOL.
I got this forum about 6 months ago. People are nothing but helpful. Sarcastic, but very helpful. lol

Wojo, figured it was easiest to just post the pictures here. Dug the panels out of my marine container last night before the freeze happened again. All the stainless trim is nice. Installs with little bend tabs on the back side, so could be removed and installed to new panels if desired ( I see new panels are sold @ $400US, but don't come with the SS trim!). They could use a polish but other than that it's purdy nice for 51 year old stuff. Panels themselves, passenger side has one tear at the bottom, drivers three. Backs if pulled and re-glued are nice except for two "dotted" lines from someone scrubbing the back seat in and out against it. I'd be keeping the push lock panel retainers from around the perimeter, as they are OE and the ones that came with my $450US PGClassic door panels have some generic crap with them to install... so I need to see what works best as PG didn't even cut out the rectangles they go in. I have the box from my new ones to put these in for shipping, if interested make me an offer + the postage and they're yours. Wayne

beedoorpanels68gtx 020.JPG beedoorpanels68gtx 003.JPG beedoorpanels68gtx 005.JPG beedoorpanels68gtx 011.JPG beedoorpanels68gtx 013.JPG beedoorpanels68gtx 015.JPG beedoorpanels68gtx 017.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back