• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior trim

Wimpykidz21

Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
I’ve lost some trim pieces and I haven’t been able to find anything online. Talked to a few guys on here and they can’t recall what they look like. I need a pair to finish my interior so I’m hoping someone can help. They are between the sail panels and carpet and that’s the best I can explain them. If you could better describe them or tell me what there called that would help. If you have a picture even better. If you have any for sale what’s your price? Not sure if there name is sail panel moldings but that’s my best guess.

Is this the area you are talking about?
I'm removing interior here.
But the sail panel is relatively intact.
Had a piece of metal holding the carpet insert at the top.
Peeking out.

20150521_121433.jpg

Yes it’s that piece of metal that goes on the insert
Do a search on here for interior parts.
There was someone that had a bunch of door panels and the like.
You might try PMing them and asking.

There is no 'trim' on it per-se. I can't recall what they call the binding on the edge of the carpet but that is all there is on mine.
If the carpet you ordered didn't come that way, it should have.
However here is stuff I found on line that will enable you to fix it.

I have attached pics.
S4019559.JPG
S4019612.JPG
S4019613.JPG

Last edited:
There is no 'trim' on it per-se. I can't recall what they call the binding on the edge of the carpet but that is all there is on mine.
If the carpet you ordered didn't come that way, it should have.
However here is stuff I found on line that will enable you to fix it.

I have attached pics.
View attachment 673490 View attachment 673491 View attachment 673492

So what is holding the carpet to the piece below the sail panel? There’s no way it’s glues to the metal

That metal strip has teeth that go into holes and are bent over on the back, as I recall, to hold it at the top.
And the carpet is then glued to the sail panel below that.
Have you ordered replacement carpet made like the original?

That piece on mine is original carpet. All I did when restoring (and since) is remove the sail panel and use fabric paint to restore color.
Yes, it has clips that hold it on but I believe they go through a piece that the top carpet is glued to and folded over.
Google 66 67 Charger interior, there are plenty of pictures, none have trim.
dg1966charger56242501.jpg

interior01.jpg

1967_dodge_charger-pic-1254540922578145100-640x480.jpg

autowp.ru_dodge_charger_383_2.jpg

Yes I’m in need of the metal piece the holds the carpet to the sail panels to make that seamless look

That metal strip has teeth that go into holes and are bent over on the back, as I recall, to hold it at the top.
And the carpet is then glued to the sail panel below that.
Have you ordered replacement carpet made like the original?
My factory sail panels still have the markings on them I can tell they’ve never had glue on them and I wasn’t sure what held the carpet to them

Auto Transport Service
Back