• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Irritated with Year One

Heck yea finally!! Thank you so much for the help!!

I hope one of them actually has it in stock, looks like herbs price is pretty nice. I just placed an order from them yesterday. And I've used them in the past, perfectly happy with my orders.

Crossing my fingers that one of them actually has it in stock for you. (might want to call them)

I hope one of them actually has it in stock, looks like herbs price is pretty nice. I just placed an order from them yesterday. And I've used them in the past, perfectly happy with my orders.

Crossing my fingers that one of them actually has it in stock for you. (might want to call them)

Im gonna call them to make sure but I dont mind that price either,,shoot I paid $20 bucks for that tiny little star at the bottom of the fender.. LOL It's worth every penny!! thanks again ;)

Year One pissed me off over 20 years ago over a freaking catalog. My wife ordered new carpet, headliner and a bunch of other stuff for my 71 Cuda. Can't remember the exact amount of money that was spent but it was nearly 1000 bucks and she asked for a up to date catalog since she borrowed one from a buddy of mine to make the order. They didn't send one and then wanted me to pay for it when I called about it. I know that sounds kinda trivial but man, you can't send me something like a freaking catalog so I can maybe buy more parts from you?? Cheap bastids in my book and apparently don't want my business. Maybe they treat everyone like that but I usually get catalogs from everyone else after making a purchase or just plain calling and asking for one.

I feel your pain Cranky over catalogs. I have a similar story, except the opposite applies....about 25 years ago I asked for an up to date catalog to be put in with my order. They did send it FREE of charge.....along with every other freakin' catalog in their inventory....something like 20 of them. While the books were free, the shipping tripled my original parts order!!! I was less than impressed over that incident. :angryfire:

Patience

Well you know I have to come to Year One's defense here. I have had an emblem on request with Jacks Auto Parts that they advertise on the internet, catalog, etc., for two years or so. Every time I call him he says it is arriving in two weeks or something to that effect. Year One, I have dealt with for years ---- matter of fact I just went to their facility and picked up an order last Monday that I had had on order since December. In the interim they sent me a card giving me the option to cancel the order or continue waiting. Year One is the top of the heap as far as I am concerned.

Mopars are uniquely difficult to get parts for, I share your pain but patience is the key.

No I don't work for Year One.:ufo:

I haven't bought from year one in over ten years. cant stand their shipping or customer service. I have managed to find everything I need from other vendors with great success and quality

Im going Saturday to pick up my new GTX emblem for my grill. Herbs is going to be at the auto fair in charlotte this weekend and they said they would have it with them.. I cant wait!!

I have been ordering several parts for my 69 Bee from Herbs and have been very happy with the service and the parts. Even if the original shipping price is over the correct price, he will refund the difference. That means a lot to me.

I have been ordering several parts for my 69 Bee from Herbs and have been very happy with the service and the parts. Even if the original shipping price is over the correct price, he will refund the difference. That means a lot to me.[/QUOTE

I found some other parts with them that I had been needing and they are easy to do business with. The trouble Im having at the moment is with my dash. I think 68 was the one year that the woodgrain looking peice in the center of the dash that has the GTX logo on it is made separate from the dash. I cant find that peice I can buy the dash pad for the top but I cannot find that center peice.

I have pent close to $80,000 with year one going back to 1994. Shipping on item were double the price of the item most of the time.
So after year one stated they had the product in stock and never shipped it I decided to try and find it else where.
Well after a little research, I did find it and realized that year one just buys the parts from other venders and the manufacturer where you can buy the same part for 1/2 the price.
Lesson learned. Haven't bought a part from year on since 2000

THERE SHIPPING PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS.

x2....I have spent a lot on parts in the last two years and although I kind of feel bad (Year One was one of the pioneers in our hobby) I just can't justify the higher prices, shipping. One of the two orders I did make with them was backordered which is okay (as I didn't need it right away anyway) but they were kind of jerks about it when it didn't show up and I called to check, I didn't argue or say a word but I also have not shopped there again. I am the type of guy that watches my budget but customer service and trust will trump price any day for me personally.

Don't feel bad for Year One. They put the burden on everyone else to come out of pocket and have parts reproduced. Then they took those parts and charged all of us double for the privilege of doing business with them. Low risk/high profit. When the internet came about, and those of us on the boards could share info and buy direct, did they change their business model? No. Look at all the work that companies such as BE&A and AMD have done. That could have, and should have, been Year One. And they could have charged what they wanted. So no, don't feel bad.

Very well said !! :iamwithstupid: ( Sorry for the stupid deal its all I had to chose frome ! LOL!!)

I have been ordering several parts for my 69 Bee from Herbs and have been very happy with the service and the parts. Even if the original shipping price is over the correct price, he will refund the difference. That means a lot to me.

Wish R/T Specialties worked that way. Placed an order online for a set of carrier nuts. $2 a nut! Okay, since I can't find them without buying a kit, I'll bite that bullet. But $11 for FedEx shipping?! C'mon! I even asked about that in the comment section of the order form. I get them in the 'Mail' today and the shipping is $5! Did they credit my PayPal the $6? No.

Auto Transport Service
Back