• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is 331 red a rare color on a 68 Charger?

hunt2elk

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
Met a guy at a party last night and we got to discussing old cars. Turns out he has 20 mostly muscle cars in a warehouse. He is a Chevy guy but does have 2 Mopars. He got me interested when mentioning that one was a 68 Charger that is painted the same color as the Dukes car. I have never owned a 68 Charger, so don't know much about them, but can't remember ever seeing a orange one before. I ended up contacting him today to see if he would show me what he had. Turns out it is a 331 Charger red, black top and interior, 383, auto, tach car. Original paint with no rust or damage showing 50k miles. Supposedly verified all original everything. There have been some day 2 mods done, but all original parts were kept. Very nice car. Just wondering how rare that color is on a 68?

Last edited:
Not really rare but not that common. No hard numbers available on how many came with what colors that i know of. Whole buncha green and gold chargers tho....

Auto Transport Service
Back