• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Dash from a 65 Ply Belvedere same as a 64 Ply Sport Fury and Fury?

Wizard

Local time
11:59 AM
Reaction score
Wondering if there are any differences from a 65 Belvedere and 64 Ply Fury and Sport Fury? If so what is the difference in the dash frames and dash control layouts. I want to possibly use the 65 Belvedere complete dash and guts to put into 63 Sport fury or Fury. Also any difference due to I have convertables 64 Sport fury and Furys. Also a hardtop 64 Sport Fury.

Thanks,

Wizard

I'm pretty sure the '64 and '65 (b-body) are a match; but not for a '63 as the cowling area of the body was changed btw 63 and 64.

I'm pretty sure the '64 and '65 (b-body) are a match; but not for a '63 as the cowling area of the body was changed btw 63 and 64.
yeah, 63 definately different. I looked at the 64 and 65 complete dashes and looks like a swich is missing on the 65 but I can drill it and put what i need in it. Probably something for the convertable. top of dash on 64 is little different also as looks like some sort of metal inlay or pad on it and 65 dont have it. also maybe speaker holes not on the 64? Anyone else please continue to chime in..

wizard

yeah, 63 definately different. I looked at the 64 and 65 complete dashes and looks like a swich is missing on the 65 but I can drill it and put what i need in it. Probably something for the convertable. top of dash on 64 is little different also as looks like some sort of metal inlay or pad on it and 65 dont have it. also maybe speaker holes not on the 64? Anyone else please continue to chime in..

wizard
Correction. Just looked at the dash top again the 65 is same as the 64 fury the fury has the dash pad on it yet. Same amount of speaker slits and in same place and I think all the knobs and ignition switch is in all the same places as the 64 fury

Last edited:
The 62-63 Dashes interchange & the 64-65 Dashes interchange. I make the 64-65 Dash out of fiberglass and is a real good seller and with some trimming the 64-65 Dash will fit the 62-63 cars. How do I know?, I have one of my 64-65 Dashes in my 62 Plymouth wagon called Thunder Wagon.

If you can, please send a photo of the 64/5 dash in your '62. This is sure a new one for me given the redesign of the cowling area btw '63 and '64. I had put in a '62 dash in my '63 some years ago liking that cluster more than the '63.

If you can, please send a photo of the 64/5 dash in your '62. This is sure a new one for me given the redesign of the cowling area btw '63 and '64. I had put in a '62 dash in my '63 some years ago liking that cluster more than the '63.
64-65 Dash has to be trimmed around windshield area and I used self tapping screws to attach to stock mounting area. Underneath, part of the bracing around the brake peddle or maybe the steering column, been a while since I did it, has to be slightly trimmed. My dash boards come with no steering column hole because after all, we are building race cars and the steering columns are usually moved slightly. As for pictures, sorry, I am not able to post pictures.

64-65 Dash has to be trimmed around windshield area and I used self tapping screws to attach to stock mounting area. Underneath, part of the bracing around the brake peddle or maybe the steering column, been a while since I did it, has to be slightly trimmed. My dash boards come with no steering column hole because after all, we are building race cars and the steering columns are usually moved slightly. As for pictures, sorry, I am not able to post pictures.
Ok - too bad you're unable to post any pics, seeing it would be interesting as this is something in all my years I didn't think would be doable at least without some heady re-fabrication of the entire dash structure.

Ok - too bad you're unable to post any pics, seeing it would be interesting as this is something in all my years I didn't think would be doable at least without some heady re-fabrication of the entire dash structure.

Just call Sled City Fiberglass and I can text all the pictures you need and more.

Auto Transport Service
Back