• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is DynaMat Xtreme enough or should we add 1/4” of DynaMat ?

Ace66

Local time
9:08 PM
Reaction score
Just finished covering every square inch of interior, floor,sides and ceiling with DynaMat Xtreme sound deadener.Wanted to quiet exhaust noise and reduce engine and exhaust heat in my 66 B Body 426 stroker.l put 1/4 inch DynaMat Liner in ceiling but thought may be overkill on floor.
Would appreciate any input thanks Ace 66.

I used Dynamat in the GTX. Don’t know that it did anything exceptional. My car has a stroker in it too. I guess it quieted the noise level a bit. I never noticed it to be very warm anyway. Would I do it again? Yes

I used Dynamat in the GTX. Don’t know that it did anything exceptional. My car has a stroker in it too. I guess it quieted the noise level a bit. I never noticed it to be very warm anyway. Would I do it again? Yes
Thank you for your experience. Nice photo patriot! My engine puts out some heat. I purchased 69 HP 383 block it had rust in it. I thought I did a good job of getting all the rust out of cooling passages.Engine runs great lots of power. If it sits and Idols at eight 900 RPMs it’ll get hot. Enlarged my core support from 22 to 26 inch. Installed 26 inch champion rad.180 stat,cool flow water pump.Hemi 6 qt oil pan 80 psi oil pressure. It’ll run the interstate no problem. Let it idle it gets hot? Ed

did you use this for both heat and sound insulation alone, or did you combine it with other products under the carpet?
I used DynaMat Xtreme .067 sound dreading only so far.Was thinking of possibly adding 1/4 inch. Of Dynamat Control DynaLiner for insulating and additional sound deadening. Before installing legendary carpet with some Jude backing.

Thank you for your experience. Nice photo patriot! My engine puts out some heat. I purchased 69 HP 383 block it had rust in it. I thought I did a good job of getting all the rust out of cooling passages.Engine runs great lots of power. If it sits and Idols at eight 900 RPMs it’ll get hot. Enlarged my core support from 22 to 26 inch. Installed 26 inch champion rad.180 stat,cool flow water pump.Hemi 6 qt oil pan 80 psi oil pressure. It’ll run the interstate no problem. Let it idle it gets hot? Ed

What kind of fan and shroud? How hot is hot? Does it push water out of the overflow when hot? What are you using for coolant? Answers might be helpful to getting a solution...

What kind of fan and shroud? How hot is hot? Does it push water out of the overflow when hot? What are you using for coolant? Answers might be helpful to getting a solution...
Thanks for your input.Im using a 1966 426Hemi shroud on a 26 champion aluminum Rad.Prestone 50%?No not boiling over or pushing out.Its gone up to 210 degrees at that point I raised idle speed to bring temp back down. Ed

Thanks for your input.Im using a 1966 426Hemi shroud on a 26 champion aluminum Rad.Prestone 50%?No not boiling over or pushing out.Its gone up to 210 degrees at that point I raised idle speed to bring temp back down. Ed

Ed, 210* is not that hot. What fan are you running and how far into the shroud is it? A few pictures would be helpful. If raising the idle speed is enough to drop the temperature, it's a good indicator that the radiator/ water pump/shroud are doing their job. Fan or clutch is where I'd look...

Ed, 210* is not that hot. What fan are you running and how far into the shroud is it? A few pictures would be helpful. If raising the idle speed is enough to drop the temperature, it's a good indicator that the radiator/ water pump/shroud are doing their job. Fan or clutch is where I'd look...
Thanks Dave,I will take some photos tomorrow and send to you tomorrow.I like the guns and parachutes. I live in Pennsylvania and we are in the sights of the anti gunners. Ed

Dynamat sound deadener does little, if anything, for heat insulation. Use the jute that comes with new carpet or get a product designed for insulation. I used Bonded Logic product in my cars.

http://www.bondedlogic.com/ultratouch-radiant-barrier/

Now that looks exactly like what I bought from Home Depot. Had to order it on line. I'm wondering if the request for automotive use prompted them to change the name. It has almost the same description as what they originally used for heating duct. I used it on my roof and under the carpet.

Post #455...
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/page-23
20180220_171228.jpg
20180220_134523.jpg

Home Depot...
https://www.homedepot.com/p/UltraTo...er-with-Recycled-Cotton-30000-11406/100656748

Edit: It is the same, same name "Ultra Touch".

Last edited:
Now that looks exactly like what I bought from Home Depot. Had to order it on line. I'm wondering if the request for automotive use prompted them to change the name. It has almost the same description as what they originally used for heating duct. I used it on my roof and under the carpet.

Post #455...
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/taking-up-new-residence.114133/page-23
View attachment 911115 View attachment 911116

Home Depot...
https://www.homedepot.com/p/UltraTo...er-with-Recycled-Cotton-30000-11406/100656748

Thank you Khryslerkid for the good Info! Ed

Post #455...
View attachment 911115 View attachment 911116

Home Depot...

Mine is the double sided aluminum backing. That stuff holds water like a sponge. So, make sure you seal all the edges with aluminum tape and your car has no water leaks before you spend the time and money on the floors.

Mine is the double sided aluminum backing. That stuff holds water like a sponge. So, make sure you seal all the edges with aluminum tape and your car has no water leaks before you spend the time and money on the floors.

Gotcha. I used the one sided and placed the insulation to the metal. It's almost like jute and that's what the factory did. It's actually recycled blue jeans. I tried burning it and it won't burn.

I'm running headers and don't feel any heat from the floor. In the hot sun, the car is cool inside. The car is quite inside with the windows up but you should know I drive with the windows down! I have radio delete and I'd rather listen to the engine than a radio anyway. :D

When I did the research for my car, I found that Hushmat claimed the most heat reduction in addition to the noise reduction. I also ordered carpet with the mass backing
Now that we can drive the car we do notice a marked reduction in heat coming through the floor and of course the noise reduction.
I am very happy with the end result.
or at least until I realize I added a lot of weight to my car lol

Gotcha. I used the one sided and placed the insulation to the metal. It's almost like jute and that's what the factory did. It's actually recycled blue jeans. I tried burning it and it won't burn.

I'm running headers and don't feel any heat from the floor. In the hot sun, the car is cool inside. The car is quite inside with the windows up but you should know I drive with the windows down! I have radio delete and I'd rather listen to the engine than a radio anyway. :D
Thanks again for the help Khryslerkid.Ed

When I did the research for my car, I found that Hushmat claimed the most heat reduction in addition to the noise reduction. I also ordered carpet with the mass backing
Now that we can drive the car we do notice a marked reduction in heat coming through the floor and of course the noise reduction.
I am very happy with the end result.
or at least until I realize I added a lot of weight to my car lol
Thanks for the info TN mopar.Ed

Auto Transport Service
Back