• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Mopar a genetic disease?

ronlyn426

Local time
9:54 PM
Reaction score
The kids wanted me to post this pic. '73 Duster is my daughter's. It's a 360 automatic. The '84 Rampage is my 16 year old son's first project and is completely stock... for now... he has plans and it's all he talks about.

100_0422_640x480.jpg

View attachment 327239

View attachment 327240

View attachment 327241

View attachment 327242

View attachment 327243

View attachment 327332

View attachment 327333

View attachment 327615

View attachment 327616

It could always be worse...at least they're not hanging around the mall and getting into trouble...

This is very true. They would much rather go to the drag strip than the mall. The daughter likes to shop but if given the choice a quarter mile of asphalt wins every time

It must be. All my father ever owned was mopars, and that's all I've ever owned. My list of cars. (Not all at the same time) '69 Roadrunner was the first. '74 Duster, '79 Colt, '84 Tourismo, '94 Dakota, '01 Dakota, traded for '03 PT Cruiser, also had '95 Stratus, traded for an '04 Dakota, kicked my self for trading the '01, still have the PT. First old car was a '41 Plymouth, then a '57 Plymouth, with a '58 Custom Suburban, then a '67 Valiant, (sold both,) '65
Satellite, sold. Current fleet, The PT and Dakota, Still have the '57 but needs a lot of work, the '64 Barracuda, and of course another '69 Roadrunner. Now that I look at this list, I think that it's got to be more of a sickness, then anything else.

Is Mopar a genetic disease?

It must be. My wife tells me I'm highly effected and terminal with it.

My dad only owned 1. I forget what exactly it was, but he still says it was the best car he owned. Though serverly beat up and haggered, it would allways stat in the coldest of winters and would end up jumping the new cars to life in the morning. Lucky for them Dad worked the afternoons till midnight. Made him home in the mornings.

I dont think its genetic, because my dad was a Ford guy, so I didnt get it from him. I think its either contageous, or just plain good taste. You can imaging what my childhood was like, riding around in those Galaxies, LTD's, and Thunderbirds. I used to hang my head in shame when my friends rode by in their fathers Road Runners and GTX's. It's a wonder I can even function at all!

When I got out of high school, my first car was a 68 GTS 340 4-speed. Dark blue with a white horizontal stripe. I loved that car, and Mopars have been my favorites ever since. BTW, I have owned a couple of Chevy muscle cars, but the Mopars have always been my favorite.

I dont think its genetic..

lets see...my Dad had a 55 Chrysler Windser..
then he had a 66 Chrysler Newport that was a piece of junk..litterly fell apart around us..

he never had another one since...

my Aunt and uncle only bought twice..in 64 they bought a 64 dart GT that I later owned in 69 and my Uncle bought a 68 Charger R/T...those were bought from Mr Norm's GrandSpaulding Dodge since their neighbor was Lenny Krause...Norm's brother...

and what I own n build n race are Mopars...hmmmm...might be a nostalgic thing...

ok...i do have a Pontiac and Chevies...

might be dad had a 70 440 cuda,uncle had a 71 340 4spd runner,i have had many currently 3 mopars at my house!!

I vote yes. My dad collected Packards and Studebakers. But we always had Mopars. Even granny had a Mopar she bought new in '58

In 68 when I was old enough to have "drivers ed" in HS( back when they still did such things) The school got BRAND NEW Coronets to train us hoe to drive. My Dad had a 59 plymouth wagon with the push button transmission selector which is what he taught me to drive in.
If that makes it genetic then so be it. I'll accept that Mopar is part of my DNA!:yes::yes::yes::yes:

I agree its a disease but it has to be something you can catch. My folks had fords, my uncles had chevys. I'm first generation Mopar. Had them since I was 17 (now im 50) and now my mom caught it. She got her first Mopar,a Stratus, when she was 78.

Not enough proof to be purly genetic. Definitely infectious so it could be disease. Absolutely an addiction. One that I love having

I was brought home in an early 50's Windsor. Dad had Polara after Polara until he got a Diplomat. Mom had Volare wagon and K car wagon.
Mom's dad had Fury's his last car was a 4D Coronet.
Dad'd dad had lots of Fury's, Darts, NewPorts, Cordobas his last car was Fury like my dad'd Dippy. My aunt still drive the old Fury.

I dated my wife in Gramp's old 73 4D Newport, had that until 1982.
My brother has a 70 440+6 RR and I have a 71 383 RR and a 2000 Stratus.

It's genetic in my family. Pass it on.

Actually just last night my wife said she was feeling a little left out of the car thing. That was just after a guy asked me if I wanted to buy a '67 Dart. We'll discuss this one further I'm sure.

If it IS a disease, watching Mopars begin to win consistently against the Ferds and Cheby's on things like "Pinks All Out" is just feedin' it.....:yes:

(truly B body related)....
Speaking of K car wagons:rolleyes:
Anyone ever seen one with a full tube and a nuclear powered big block up front?

I'd be curious to see one:p

Auto Transport Service
Back