• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is moparts no more?

True, but the search feature is pure gold.
Exactly. There was A LOT of knowledge over there but many have left so the search feature is great... I don't go there much anymore as this site pretty much fills all my needs and has a group of good guys to help and learn from...

I have had some good interactions there, and one very bad piece of advice, or actually 2 posts by one member:
He said and then affirmed that my Weiand 6bbl intake manifold would fit under my N96 hood...AND the N96 airbox, if I trimmed the airbox. This was based on his experience with a friend he personally used to go to the track with, and he even detailed the way his friend went about figuring out what parts of and the degree to which the airbox had to be trimmed!
It doesn't, at all, no way, unless I ran it without carburetors or throttle bodies, or anything taller than 1" above the top of the intake...
I am committed to running the intake, so now I'm looking for a hood that will fit...

Like all forums, take them with a grain of salt.
However FBBO is never wrong.:rolleyes: But better than most.
If you're going to work on anything one needs to have their wits about them, just like online.
Nothing online is gospel, it's a guide. Just like advice from an old friend.

I cant seem to find the main index. the link above is just a tec archive that's all

I belonged to Moparts for about 15 years but got sideways with one of then moderators and banned. Haven't looked back. It was already losing members rapidly when I was shown the door. I'm surprised it's still around with the heavy handed attitudes of a few and having to be in "the club" to stay around. Too bad as there was some great knowledge there.

I'm a 10 year member there with 2 posts. my last log in was at least 4 years ago. that place is like the fat chick you brought home after a 24 pack and 3 shots of JD. it was ok for a minute until she farted and you had to kick her out of the house

What the hell you going to Doo with anyone after a 24 pack and three shots

Moparts isn’t that bad

I'm a 10 year member there with 2 posts. my last log in was at least 4 years ago. that place is like the fat chick you brought home after a 24 pack and 3 shots of JD. it was ok for a minute until she farted and you had to kick her out of the house
You had sex with one of those ?

I'd need smelling salts, popsicle sticks and duct tape. Oh, and a bag of flour too.

I have had some good interactions there, and one very bad piece of advice, or actually 2 posts by one member:
He said and then affirmed that my Weiand 6bbl intake manifold would fit under my N96 hood...AND the N96 airbox, if I trimmed the airbox. This was based on his experience with a friend he personally used to go to the track with, and he even detailed the way his friend went about figuring out what parts of and the degree to which the airbox had to be trimmed!
It doesn't, at all, no way, unless I ran it without carburetors or throttle bodies, or anything taller than 1" above the top of the intake...
I am committed to running the intake, so now I'm looking for a hood that will fit...

I don’t think that’s a fair assessment on the bad advice. You had numerous people tell you it wouldn't fit. Then comes a guy with a friend who had one that supposedly worked 30+ years ago. You chose to follow that 1 individuals advice and ignore the consensus of several knowledgeable people.

:rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back