• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is N/SS dead? Don't think so

dvw

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
For a previous discussion of rules being to stiff to get car count. This is the 2020 event flier. the payout doesn't include contigincies. They add $150 per item. In 2019 68 cars attended, and yes I missed it due to a family event.
84670467_1308953875963932_4945243688419721216_o.jpg

2018 qualifying sheet. This is all foot brake no rev chip, no electronics to hit your index. Top 19 cars closer than .01. 7 R/T were .008 or quicker in the 1st rd, 7 more were .018 or better
nss indy 2018.jpg
Doc-Sep-21-2019-12-58-PM-p4.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for your name and didn't see it. Heading to Quaker this year? Jeff

This is a great event, actually 3 races over the weekend.

True racing when it comes to nss style.

There are too many cars being built for N/SS to be dead. 65 Belveders and 64 Dodges are the hot sellers this year as for my Sled City Fiberglass

I was looking for your name and didn't see it. Heading to Quaker this year? Jeff
My sons birthdays were on the date last year so I missed it. Unfortunalatly my last trip (and my last ever) to Quaker was when I didn't get paid for a win and semi on the same weekend.
Doug

My sons birthdays were on the date last year so I missed it. Unfortunalatly my last trip (and my last ever) to Quaker was when I didn't get paid for a win and semi on the same weekend.
Doug
wow that sucks Doug!

IF it was closer I'd love to go & spectate

thanks for sharing Doug

I think I'm going to try to run the NMCA race at Norwalk this year. I watched it on the computer last year and it looks like a great event.

I think I'm going to try to run the NMCA race at Norwalk this year. I watched it on the computer last year and it looks like a great event.
Itll be good to see you out racing again.
Doug

For a previous discussion of rules being to stiff to get car count. This is the 2020 event flier. the payout doesn't include contigincies. They add $150 per item. In 2019 68 cars attended, and yes I missed it due to a family event.
View attachment 905391
2018 qualifying sheet. This is all foot brake no rev chip, no electronics to hit your index. Top 19 cars closer than .01. 7 R/T were .008 or quicker in the 1st rd, 7 more were .018 or better
View attachment 905393View attachment 905394
September is gonna be a busy month!
nc_oc=AQmc3h0_Frh4T70Xz62kCjlg4OzX4nh3h-O0luOxN-7V5Yxmyy-4s_AcE3PtuGsqphE&_nc_ht=scontent-iad3-1.jpg

For sure. I love Bowling green. But it is a 9.5 hr tow. We'll see.
Doug

Doug
That just sucks!

Doug
How did they get away with that???

For sure. I love Bowling green. But it is a 9.5 hr tow. We'll see.
Doug
Only 9 1/2
Closest away running track is 12hrs for me .
I hope to see more of you and the NSS style racing on livestream again this year
We have one of our nostalgia type events early March here in Sydney
Tex

How did they get away with that???
Made the 4.5hr tow to an advertised 2 day N/SS event. $750 Saturday, $1500 Sunday. Only 2 cars showed up on Saturday. We raced, I won. They offered $100. Lady said The purse wasn't "guaranteed". The flier said absolutely nothing about number of cars needed. Nothing about Prorated purse. Sundays N/SS race was cancelled. There was no other races scheduled. They ran a Gamblers. Went 5 rds to the last 3 cars. After losing in the Semis, went to get paid. I was told they only pay Winner and R/U. I've ran many times there. A lot of wins. Nice facility. I won't go back until there is new ownership.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back