• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is Rock 'N' Roll Dead?

Aeronet

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
I say it is. Am I just old or is Rock 'n' Roll truly dead? You tell me.

Never ! but definitely evolving, do you like 90's rock ?

Yes. I'm 51 years old. I was in my twenties during the '90s. Will there ever be another Elvis, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Lemme, Bon Scott, Malcolm Young, Kurt Cobain, Ozzy, Tony Iommi, Ronnie Van Zandt, etc. I say it's dead.

as long as Biebers around rock will never die.. :D

There is a connection between Rock 'n' Roll and cars. The first time I heard Back In Black I was in my friends' sisters' boyfriends' 72 Satellite. Somebody said "the best shitkick in town" and Back In Black started blasting through the speakers. I don't see anything like that happening again. Needless to say, I was blown away.

Nope.

Name one new band that compares to any of the bands/artists I've listed.

Well anyone knows that any "new" band won't get rich or famous playing rock and roll. They have to play what sells then evolve slowly.

Name one new band that compares to any of the bands/artists I've listed.
There will never be any.. those are our memories.. even if one was to pop up out of know where.. chances are they would sound like one of the originals either in voice, or Music..

look at todays music entertainers.. most are remaking the past into there own versions.. and they all sound aweful..

FWIW it drives me nuts going to car events and hearing the same late 50's early '60's stuff over and over (I'm 66 by the way). Most of the geriatrics that were around for that stuff are in old age homes! I once suggested to local cruise organizers that they should extend the olive branch to the ricer and tuner guys. They said they did but got turned down. Well any friggin wonder when they play the same five songs over and over every friggin week !!!

Yes. I'm 51 years old. I was in my twenties during the '90s. Will there ever be another Elvis, Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Lemme, Bon Scott, Malcolm Young, Kurt Cobain, Ozzy, Tony Iommi, Ronnie Van Zandt, etc. I say it's dead.

In 1970, all those Elvis fans would agree - Black Sabbath and all those satan worshiping head bangers sure killed rock and roll.

They were wrong and so are you. I think it’s like our choice in cars... it’s all shaped by what we saw and heard when we were growing up.

And all things change.

I get that Elvis fans would think Black Sabbath was noise. I'm talking about Rock through time. So, HT413 you say I'm just old. I am. I guess I'm just wondering what the state of Rock 'n Roll is these days. I say that it's not popular like it used to be. Therefore it's dead.

70's music, if they listen to rock. I like some of the bands in the "stoner" genre. Rock is huge in Europe. Giant festivals with huge line-ups. This country's youth listens to laptop-made pop-tart and rap garbage.

It has evolved. It's not the rock and roll of the '70s and '80s which, in my opinion, was the Golden Age.

Just interested. Used to I could turn on the radio and hear music that was new and interesting. It's still around, just not like it used to be. Like I said, maybe I'm just old. The world has turned.

Auto Transport Service
Back