• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a record of how many gold 1968 Hemi Road Runners were built

Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
I am still looking at 1968 hemi road runners on various sites. Thought I would buy the silver one in Daytona at a dealer but when I checked it out, I decided it had too many issues (from being an older restoration) for me to take on at the price. I am now looking at one up north if it does not sell sooner. It is unusual in that it is JJ1 (gold) exterior color with the early model year (early November 1967 build date) initial basic black and silver vinyl interior (built in November 1967 before decor package was available). Not sure if that unusual color combo can be viewed as positive or a negative. I doubt if too many were ordered in that color combination and basic interior, especially since there are only about 700+ hemi road runners for that year. Does anyone know if there is a way to look up all hemi road runners by color or is it only possible to see some listed on a survivor registry for those still around? I would be interested in either but am wondering if this could be a one of a small number in that color combination. Thank you and Happy New Year. I saw another gold one (with decor package) that claims to be one of two but not sure if that is one of two remaining, one of two ever or one of two with decor package.

To my knowledge, there is no breakdown by color prior to 1970 so your best bet would be to try and find “known” numbers. Good luck in your search.

To my knowledge, there is no breakdown by color prior to 1970 so your best bet would be to try and find “known” numbers. Good luck in your search.
Thank you. I did not think there was a record of them other than what Galen Govier might have on known cars.

Thank you. I did not think there was a record of them other than what Galen Govier might have on known cars.

You may want to ask Scott Smith (HARMS). He's pretty knowledgeable on the hemi cars

Auto Transport Service
Back