• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a site that says how many 1974 Chargers were made in each color?

there is no specific breakdown on colors for any cars with the exception of very low production models that are all accounted for. there are only percentages based on the cars currently in registries

there is no specific breakdown on colors for any cars with the exception of very low production models that are all accounted for. there are only percentages based on the cars currently in registries
. If that's the case whats the break down for my extremely rare, most likely 1 of 1 74 rallye 400 4 speed white with red reflective stripe? I've been wondering but never found any decent info

Is there a site that says how many 1974 Chargers were made in each color?

I've often wondered the same thing. Pic is of my '74 that I bought used off a Chevrolet Dealer's lot in Maryland when I was a Junior in High School [1977]. Wish I still had it today....

My Charger 1.jpg

You can get 71-74 model, engine, trans numbers (I've seen it on this site) but not color.

well I'm saying by car not by options. as in how many white 74 chargers such as yours were built out of the total built for 74 , and in turn they would all have to be registered. there are no breakdown in colors only total production numbers and possibly engine/trans combos. I was referring to 1 of 9 or 1 of 20 etc. that are all accounted for. a "1 of 1" option wise won't give you that answer. my charger is a 1 of 1 because it has factory seem sealer and chalk marks on the inside of the roof but it's tawny gold with a reflective pinstripe lol

I think that the color name for my car was "Dark Moonstone Poly". Sound familiar to anyone?

I've gone to Carlisle every year for the last 15 years or so and I've never seen a Charger there in the same color combo mine was. It was a 318, automatic with AC car, and the interior was cloth and looked like this photo.

The other pic here is me in 1977 with the car in my parents driveway, probably taken the day I bought it. Every Fall I'd pull those Crager's off and put the factory steel wheels back on for the wintertime, complete with bias ply snow tires on the rear. Ahhh...those were the days. Lol!

Interior 1.jpg Steve w:my 1974 Dodge Charger, 9:77 copy.jpeg

You can get 71-74 model, engine, trans numbers (I've seen it on this site) but not color.

The 72 O&A report shows a breakout by color for WL, WH, WP cars. Reports for other years may exist. I don't know.

1972_WH23_Color_800.jpg

Thanks sensei,

I thought sure I'd seen official percentages of color, but posts here convinced me I was mistaken :(

Do those numbers read that my 72 SE 400-4/ 727/ 3.23 SG car is 1 of 503?

Dang, just when I had made up my mind to part it out.

Where does one get a copy of that report?

Sorry for the partial hijack but.....

any chance you could show how many were HT8?

I don't understand most of the abbreviations on this chart. 1972 Chargers had 32 colors on their pallet. Does this show 5 colors?

Auto Transport Service
Back