• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is there a weld through seam sealer

Hemmit

Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
I’m repairing my cowl section on my 73 charger. I’ve removed the cowl. When I go to re install the cowl, how is everyone sealing it back up.

you got a picture of what your working on?

Mig it no,spot welding yes.just use seam sealer from the inside to seal it up if migging it

panel bond is your friend in certain situations...... awesome anti corrosive and sealing properties

I did this on my buddy's challenger along the bottom of the upper cowl where it attaches to the firewall / lower cowl

the panel bond sealed the seam, funneled water to the drain hole, and eliminated plug welds that would get wet and eventually bleed rust stains onto the firewall

Last edited:
None that I'm aware of. Most seams along the fire wall and cowl are sealed from the inner fire wall and from the engine bay..at least that's what I found when I chiseled out all the old sealer on my 68 Charger.

We put Por 15 in a hand pump pesticide sprayer. Tape along the engine compartment seam. It will leak out and is very tough to remove. Then spray away inside the cowl. It'll run into all the seams. It's bullet proof once it dries. We do inside the door bottoms and over wheel lips as well. Then throw the sprayer away. Plastic wrap dropped down in the can laying on the surface of unused Por 15 before installing the lid will keep it from hardening.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back