• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this a Dana 60?

spoolinhard

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Looking at potentially purchasing this at an upcoming auction. The car that it is sitting on top of is a 318 car. There is no rear end under it, if this is the original rear end, then it would be an 8 1/4? Looks to be too large for that.

img.jpeg

That looks like a might big tube for a 7 1/4
But kinda small for a Dana
Picture not very good just buy everything and figure it out later ! If it's cheap enough !!!!

Look on the back of the rear end braces next to the cover and clean each up until you can see the castings there will be 60 on one of them if it is a dana 60 , the truck and van units will have a thicker axle tube than the car units but will not have a place to bolt the snubber , hope this helps . I have always used the truck units on the cars I build . they sell for a lot less than the car units , last one cost me $100.00 , just cut the brackets off cut the ends off and added the new ones on , less that $200.00 total

Auto Transport Service
Back