• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this real? Should we buy it?

cegaither

Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys. I came across a 1969 Dodge Coronet 500 with a 383 engine matted to a 4 speed manual Hurst shifter. The car is also equiped with a ram charger hood. VIN #WP23H9G280924.

Did they come equiped like this from the factory?

m52011.jpg

m51593.jpg

m51620.jpg

I don't believe the Coronet 500 could be ordered with a ramcharger hood...but stranger things have been found sneaking through the cracks. But the 383/4bbl and 4spd absolutely.

That build sheet looks like someone crumpled it up and flattened it to try and make it look older then it really is...probably a reproduction.

Mercy....2 total posts in 8 years, eh?
How about a larger, more clear scan of that build sheet for starters?

That build sheet looks like someone crumpled it up
Cmon you guys....it clearly has the correct seat spring imprint.... those are very difficult to fake. :poke:

I'd own it no matter if it didnt have a hood lol.... long as the price is right. :drinks:

I don't believe the Coronet 500 could be ordered with a ramcharger hood...but stranger things have been found sneaking through the cracks. But the 383/4bbl and 4spd absolutely.

That build sheet looks like someone crumpled it up and flattened it to try and make it look older then it really is...probably a reproduction.
Thanks. I'd like to pull the triiger on this, but i just want to be sure. Seller wants $63k.

Mercy....2 total posts in 8 years, eh?
How about a larger, more clear scan of that build sheet for starters?
Yeah, I know. I've been slow to post for sure. As to the quality of the build sheet, this is the only one I have.

I saw that car a few days ago. It is very nice, but if originality is important you best look it over quite carefully:

H in the VIN = 383 4bbl at least! Should have D21 on the fender tag bottom line if an original 4 speed car. N96 on the tag would indicate ram-charger.
If it really was equipped this way, It would be unusual and probably worth the dough.

Does the car have a fender tag? I'm no expert but that build sheet for some reason screams fake/reproduction to me.

Check for vin on the motor, along the bottom by the oil pan, and also the 4-speed. It should be on both. The body numbers should match too. For that much bread I’d get a inspection and appraisal done.

I would pass. Ton of great choices in that price range.

Auto Transport Service
Back