• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this thermoquad salvagable/rebuildable????

idrivemopar

Local time
2:25 AM
Reaction score
I found this 6319 which is the correct one for my 73 340.

Here is what it looks like coming out of salvage.
20140123_211317crop.jpg
20140123_211238small.jpg
20140123_211455small.jpg

I have a new center section, complete rebuild kit, new floats. The brass items cleaned up nicely, i.e., idle mixture screws, primary and secondary metering rods/jets. Metering pistons and various springs are in good order. However, as you can see there was a lot of varnish, carbon, rust, and oxidation on this one. I have been able to get all of these deposits off but the oxidation and rust did leave the venturis and the butterflys a bit rough.

Will this be an issue? Should I continue on rebuilding????

From the pics I'd say sure. I have fixed worse.

Awesome, I was hoping someone would say they have fixed worse!!!

Since you have a new center section, just make sure everything else moves freely. The throttle shafts must be leak free, zero play. Clean it up real good. Clean and clear the air bleeds and the fuel passages well and it should run nice.

I will post some as soon as I get a bit further along. One set back, need a new Air Valve spring. Hopefully I can find one.

I'm about to scrap one one worse than that - has fuzzy corrosion build-up all over and not very free for movement. Not sure if the aluminium will clean up at all.

Auto Transport Service
Back