• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this transmission from a 1970 Hemi???

Kimodc

Local time
7:45 AM
Reaction score
4ACBA1A4-B6E6-4301-9BFD-F04925E08F8B.jpeg
Hello, I ended up bringing home an assortment of parts yesterday all because I had my eye on one of the transmissions included, an A833. As I was looking over the other parts, one of the transmissions looks to be a tf 727, but the transmission ID has one to many numbers stamped……it looks like “PK34106671” ……I have included a picture……can anyone help me ID this transmission? I am pretty sure if anyone were to know, it would be someone here!

Early '70 383 2-bbl engine. Most likely three plate forward clutch.

You may consider posting the VIN pad numbers, someone may have the car it came from..

0784ACD7-2400-4543-8644-9EA00FB478C6.jpeg
Well, I saw the 671 at the end and got a little excited…..but I see now that it looks different from the other “1”

Would this be the vin on the passengers side?

Got a picture of VIN on passenger's pad on the 4 speed?

3= 1973
B= Belvidere,IL. Plant
425312 is the sequence number

I appreciate the info….. you guys are all over it!
I have no plans for the 727 and it doesn’t seem to be anything special anyways, but i always enjoy learning the origins of parts

Someone here knows what cars where assembled in 1973 at the belvidere plant and which one would have been available with a 4 speed. I think the fury’s where assemble there but I don’t know the others.

I thought B was hamtramck. That would make it likely a 340 trans. I think only a-bodies and e-bodies at Hamtramck in 73.
Happy to be proved wrong tho.

Last edited:
I thought B was hamtramck. That would make it likely a 340 trans. I think only a-bodies and e-bodies at Hamtramck in 73.
Happy to be proved wrong tho.

Agree.

B = Hamtramck plant. In 73, they made Darts, Dusters, 'Cuda and Challengers with 340 four speeds.
D = Belvedere plant. Made full size Dodges and Plymouths. No four speed option in a full size that year.

Well crap don’t know why I was thinking of Belvidere! Maybe the B
I knew you guys would come around

The last digit on the 727 is an L. If you don't mind would you post the next four digits after the L. They are the 10,000 day calendar date.

Lefty said this is a transmission from an early 1970 model year 383-2bbl application. Given that it's from the LA plant (0E in the VIN), that means it could have come out of a B or E body with a scheduled production date of about 217.

I think the number indicates it is just e-body, correct?

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back