• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iskenderian Camshaft Question

ViperGTS

Local time
6:10 AM
Reaction score
Thanks for reading....anyone able to help identify this camshaft? Also, do the numbers stamped in the different font have any significance? I tried to find it on Isky’s site and had no luck - probably user error!!.

601624A4-ABB4-4AD5-9F13-9D9CFDC15C35.jpeg

Call them (Tech Line) and read the numbers to them. It is likely a custom grind, and you find any info on the website.

Call them (Tech Line) and read the numbers to them. It is likely a custom grind, and you find any info on the website.

Thanks for the response! Thats the plan - tried to send an email but the send button was “broken”. Will call them later today - just wasn't sure if it was a common cam and I was missing something.

I'm old (skool), I want to talk to a human bean on the other end of the speaking device...

It's so complicated, it's simple!

Sounds like circle track/NASCAR type of cam. Maybe took mushroom lifters or chilled iron.

Thanks again for the reply's....I was able to talk to Ron at Isky today and he was extremely helpful. As mentioned / suggested above he confirmed it is a race only hardened cam manufactured in 1967 that required special lifters. He also mentioned that due to the lobe profiles it was recommended to set the idle at 1800-2000 RPM for oiling. Needless to say this piece is going under the workbench and will be replaced with another Isky cam but something more livable for street use. The funny thing is the cam card that is bolted in the trunk was for an even more aggressive setup - that had to be a handful!
upload_2021-2-19_22-36-30.jpeg

You might want to grind that to something with a tighter valve lash so it dosen't hammer the valve stems

Auto Transport Service
Back