• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Isle of Man

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:30 AM
Reaction score
Anyone been following this? Talking about having a Need For Speed ! Looks like they lost one rider already.

It’s awesome! And it’s absolutly nuts, not even sure I would have tried that at 20.. lol

Yea, the video is in real time, not sped up any.

I remember a comment made years ago that going through town at those speeds, the tops of the buildings look like they're leaning in. They're doing a 135 mph averaged speed for the whole course of 37.4 miles.

I've been twice, once when I was 5 and again aged 8 I think. It was a long ferry crossing from Liverpool, England, maybe 3 hours, really rough seas. This was in the late seventies/early eighties. We went around the track on Mad Sunday in my dad's Ford Cortina. No speed limits on the island on those days. The bikes have changed a bit since then but they were pretty fast and just as crazy back then. Joey Dunlop was racing when I was there. Good memories, lovely place.

I had a few street bikes a few years back but man these guys are INSANE!!! You couldn't pay me to do that **** through a town!

:screwy::fool:

That bike at the 1:22 mark is nervous as a cat!!

Bucket list for me. It was supposed to be my 50th birthday gift to me but stuff happened

I've been twice, once when I was 5 and again aged 8 I think. It was a long ferry crossing from Liverpool, England, maybe 3 hours, really rough seas. This was in the late seventies/early eighties. We went around the track on Mad Sunday in my dad's Ford Cortina. No speed limits on the island on those days. The bikes have changed a bit since then but they were pretty fast and just as crazy back then. Joey Dunlop was racing when I was there. Good memories, lovely place.
Catching the TT is one of my "Bucket List" items.
Being there while Dunlop was still around would've been incredible.

Anyone been following this? Talking about having a Need For Speed ! Looks like they lost one rider already.

Yes KhryslerKid, I watch every year
It began in 1937 "Isle of Mann"

Latest fatality: DALEY MATTHISON
02 June 2019
At the time of the accident, Mathison was piloting a BMW S1000RR race motorcycle for the Penz13 team. The race organizers, the team, and Mathison’s wife have all expressed their grief at Mathison’s death. His wife later sent a tweet confirming Mathison’s fate, but told the rider’s fans to know that he was happy before the end, saying, “Daley, as Daisy says, is now sleeping with the fairies. That’s all I can bring myself to say right now. The last image I saw of my husband was of a man so happy with life and so proud of his racing.”

There is at least one fatal crash yearly
This RACE is a true Death Race!

NOTE:
Though the Baja 1000s history is similarly bloody, the Isle of Man has claimed far more lives. The torturous race has been held for over a hundred years and in that time, nearly two hundred people have lost their lives, including some of the greatest motorcycle riders ever to grace the planet. Each year, as more stringent safety rules dominate other motorsport events, calls for the TT’s end arise. Yet, for those willing to put their bodies on the line, nothing will stop them from achieving success atop the Snaefell loop.

That is a crazy race. I used to watch it all the time thinking that I have to go ride it just for fun during my race days. I wouldnt think of that anymore.

when I was a kid in the 60's I had an irish neighbour who had a vinyl album of the TT races. He had a big 2'x3' speaker cab behind his lazy boy chair with a couple 15" speakers.He'd get into the bushmills and crank that album up so the whole street could hear it! He could tell me what bike engine was going by like he was watching the race. He told me he had ridden in the race until he got a swarm of bees in his jacket and that ended his riding! Mr. Dilworth.

...And those sidecar runs they were doing last night holy crap! One guy laying on the back, rolling and sliding his body around to help shift the weight while the other guy drives...what a rush huh!

Auto Transport Service
Back