• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It is 1972 all over again!!!

moparcurt

Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
Funny how history has a habit of repeating itself...and how the sanctioning bodies who are in charge feel the need to handicap certain teams due to having and running a better car!!!

NHRA nailed the Mopar Drag Pack cars with a 50 pound weight penalty cause they are too damn fast and the Ferd and Chebbie teams went crying and sniveling for help!!

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/nhra-handicaps-hemi-u-s-nationals-domination/

Lets hope that this does not cause too much grief with those Mopar teams!!!

I agree-I read about this yesterday,and thought,how many times has Mopar been penalized by NHRA, NASCAR, etc. for following the rules the sanctioning bodies create only to be penalized,handicapped whatever because they win. I wonder how many times a Ford or GM product has had the treatment? Why is pro stock-camaro stock now? Are there any other cars but GM in the class? I personally think all the Mopar racers & fans should boycott the events, & let the sanctioning bodies know why

This scenario has been going on forever, they have to equalize the competition artificially to give the Ford and GM camps a chance against the superiority of the Mopar.

Totally agree with that!!! Everyone talks smack about our fat, heavy Challenger compared to the other two....but funny how that same car is kicking *** on the street as well as the strip, if ya can't beat them...outlaw them!!!

Should of gave the Ford and Chevy guys a pacifier, instead of penalizing the Mopars.

Maybe tell Ford and Chevy to build a car that can compete....until then, piss off and enjoy taillights.....

When they change the rules to where one manufacturer has to meet different rules than another. IMHO that is not the definition of fair competition....

I bet they hen picked those Mopars in inspection trying to find areas where they are not following the rules and they didn't find a single thing....So lets add weight..Total BS...

I totally agree! It's been that way as long as I can remember!

This was done weeks ago. What they did was take away 25lbs from the Ford & Chevy and add it to the Dodge so the 50lb swing... Strategical placed I think the Dodge still wins....

NHRA can't handle the Dodge's dominating
they have to handicap them add weight 50#'s
seems like old times

It was a COPO only show for a while
I don't remember them/NHRA punishing Chevy's
adding weight to them

Dodge your too fast we need to help them cheby's & ferd's

If you are really unhappy about this.....you can always go to the NHRA website, scroll to the bottom, and send off an email to them. I just did this after reading about it over on AllPar, and yes.....I DID call them a bunch of ASSHATS!! (Gee.....I wonder why I get banned and kicked out of some sites....no sense of humour I guess????). It may not change anything, but if enough people fire of an email, who knows......they may(?) pay attention????

1972 menu at McDonalds...

McDonalds 72.jpg

Takes a lot more cents to purchase off that menu now.

Too bad they can't go back.

You're not missing much. Everything is a flashing screen. Takes almost 10 min. just to read the thing

haha.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back